Visit my other blog »

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Fresh Pear Pie



I decided to bake the pears that one of my friends gave me. They're already ripe and before they rot I better make a pear pie. It's my first time to cook this recipe and surprisingly it turned out good. Hubby was the first one to eat a slice of it then I sliced one for myself. Hmmm...it was so good!!! Hubby requested another slice and also I got another one for myself. After tasting the outcome of my pear pie, I will cook some again next time because I still have some pears left. I asked hubby to buy me more pie crust at Wal Mart tomorrow. Here's the recipe for the Fresh Pear Pie:

Ingredients:
1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
1/2 cup white sugar (I used brown sugar instead)
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon lemon zest
5 cups peeled and sliced pears
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon lemon juice

Directions:
1. Combine sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon and lemon rind in a mixing bowl.
2. Arrange pears in layers in a 9 inch lined pan, sprinkling sugar mixture over each layer. Dot with butter. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Roll out remaining dough; cut slits for escape of steam. Moisten rim of bottom crust, pressing to seal. Flute edge.
3. Bake at 450 degrees F for 10 minutes. reduce temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for an addtional 35 to 40 minutes.

7 comments:

h@n| said...

Can i have some of that =P

Rom said...

hi Lisa thanks for dropping by again at my site please feel free to do so often. (nakakagutom tumingin sa site mo e dami food hehe...) email me for your link and i will put it in my homepage, also i will email you my link and put it in your site. i tried posting here my HTML para ilagay mo na sa site mo pero it won't work. my email address is:
rom26factolerin@ayahoo.com.ph

have a nice day!

b3arh0ney said...

wow! looks yummy! magaling ka talaga magluto sis ano. thanks for sharing the recipe. i'll save it baka someday i'll try it pero unahin ko muna yung puto di ko pa natry eh, hehe!

Anonymous said...

Hello Lisa, you are tagged!

Yummy Food :)

HartofDixie said...

Sarap naman dito sa blog mo. One day I'll try some of these recipes.
Go ahead add me,I'll add you too.
Thanks for visiting ha!

HartofDixie said...

Add na kita Lisa! Looking forward to seeing more of our native recipes. I love the puto hehehe... I am lazy lang sometimes to cook stuff like that.

Anonymous said...

wow thanks for this ..i'll try this recipe this weekened..hehehe