Please roll down the car windows to let out all the hot air before turning on A/C.
WHY? Car Air-conditioning – No wonder more folks are dying from cancer than ever before. We wonder where this stuff comes from but here is an example that explains a lot of the cancer causing incidents.
Many people are in their cars first thing in the morning and the last thing at night, 7 days a week.
As many read this, it makes us feel guilty and ill. Please pass this on to as many people as possible.
Guess it’s not too late to make some changes Car A/C (Air Conditioning) MUST READ!!!
Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car.
Open the windows after you enter your car and then turn ON the AC after a couple of minutes.
Here’s why: According to research, the car dashboard, seats and air freshener emit Benzene, a Cancer causing toxin (carcinogen – take time to observe the smell of heated plastic in your car).
In addition to causing cancer, Benzene poisons your bones, causes anemia and reduces white blood cells. Prolonged exposure will cause Leukemia, increasing the risk of cancer. Can also cause miscarriage. Acceptable Benzene level indoors is 50 mg per sq. ft.
A car parked indoors with windows closed will contain 400-800 mg of Benzene. If parked outdoors under the sun at a temperature above 60 degrees F, the Benzene level goes up to 2000-4000 mg, 40 times the acceptable level.
People who get into the car, keeping windows closed will inevitably inhale, in quick succession, excessive amounts of the toxin. Benzene is a toxin that affects your kidney and liver.. What’s worse, it is extremely difficult for your body to expel this toxic stuff.
So friends, please open the windows and door of your car – give time for interior to air out -dispel the deadly stuff – before you enter.
Thought: ‘When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.’
Saturday, December 29, 2012
Please roll down the car windows to let out all the hot air before turning on A/C.
Tuesday, December 25, 2012
To love God with all of our hearts, soul and strength. So that this world will become God’s dwelling place and make this earth His Kingdom. We should let PEACE and LOVE rule this world and it should always start from US.
It’s a pity that our country never progress because of the works of other selfish and corrupt people specially the ones in the leadership. But we cannot blame them but blame those people who raised them up because they have not been raised to become a God fearing people. That’s why, to all the FAMILY, if you want CHANGE then it must start from us. Begin to teach our children to love and fear God. To honor our parents and love our neighbor. To take care of our planet so that the next generation of our family will still enjoy what God have created for us. Let us learn to FORGIVE and FORGET because we can’t bring them to progress instead we should PRAY for God’s MERCY and NOT WRATH to fall upon us. For God will bless those who are HUMBLE and MEEK.
IT IS NOT TOO LATE TO MAKE A CHANGE !!! Make it happen now while there is TIME. Don’t do it tomorrow while you can do it TODAY. If we love our children and our planet then live your life with gratitude to our Maker. Let us thank God for His existence for He is the Supreme Ruler of our lives.
Make everyday a CHRIST-mas day!!!!
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
it may not be a popular fruit or ranked among your favorites, the
papaya is nature’s gift to a healthier mind and body. Beyond its buttery
sweetness, the effects of its regular consumption are amazing. Here’s
what is there to know:
Stomach disorders are quite a common problem but not with a regular intake of papayas. The fruit is rich in proteolytic enzymes, the active one being papain. Also prescribed for patients of cystic fibrosis, the papain takes care of digestion and keeps the tummy light.
Papaya helps maintain vitality of the body if taken daily. This reduces the various signs of aging, and also leaves you feeling more fit.
Papaya happens to be rich in the enzyme called arginine that stimulates blood flow in the male reproductive organ. So, do not miss out on this fruit which will keep you active in the game.
The fruit is a wonder as it has an abundance of antioxidants. The presence of beta-carotenes and essential vitamins like C and E are known to act crucially in inhibiting the growth of cancerous cells.
These could possibly be the most traumatic problems of the human body but with papaya as part of your diet, inflammation is not to be worried about. The very active protein-digestive enzymes chymopapain and papain help reduce inflammation in cases of burns, osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis, while speeding up the recovery process.
What better way to treat your skin than to go natural! So, just take a pint of papaya juice, mix it with any other herbal combination and treat your skin to some miraculous cleansing within minutes.
Papaya is definitely a boon when it comes to the heart. The antioxidants fight the cholesterol present in the blood and prevent it from building into plaques that clog the arteries. Apart from that, the rich fibre content of the fruit breaks down toxic substances like the homocysteine into easily absorbable amino acids, reducing chances of heart stroke.
Well, who could have known that this humble looking fruit could contain so much goodness? Now that you know, let your mornings include a healthy helping of the fruit. Enjoy your breakfast!
Saturday, November 10, 2012
Friday, October 12, 2012
AFTER YEARS OF TELLING PEOPLE CHEMOTHERAPY IS THE ONLY WAY TO TRY ('TRY', BEING THE KEY WORD) TO ELIMINATE CANCER, JOHNS HOPKINS IS FINALLY STARTING TO TELL YOU THERE IS AN ALTERNATIVE WAY .
Cancer Update from Johns Hopkins:
1. Every person has cancer cells in the body. These cancer cells do not show up in the standard tests until they have multiplied to a few billion. When doctors tell cancer patients that there are no more cancer cells in their bodies after treatment, it just means the tests are unable to detect the cancer cells because they have not reached the detectable size.
2. Cancer cells occur between 6 to more than 10 times in a person's lifetime.
3. When the person's immune system is strong the cancer cells will be destroyed and prevented from multiplying and forming tumors.
4. When a person has cancer it indicates the person has nutritional deficiencies. These could be due to genetic, but also to environmental, food and lifestyle factors.
5. To overcome the multiple nutritional deficiencies,changing diet to eat more adequately and healthy, 4-5 times/day and by including supplements will strengthen the immune system.
6. Chemotherapy involves poisoning the rapidly-growing cancer cells and also destroys rapidly-growing healthy cells in the bone marrow, gastrointestinal tract etc., and can cause organ damage, like liver, kidneys, heart, lungs etc.
7. Radiation while destroying cancer cells also burns, scars and damages healthy cells, tissues and organs.
8. Initial treatment with chemotherapy and radiation will often reduce tumor size. However prolonged use of chemotherapy and radiation do not result in more tumor destruction.
9. When the body has too much toxic burden from chemotherapy and radiation the immune system is either compromised or destroyed, hence the person can succumb to various kinds of infections and complications.
10. Chemotherapy and radiation can cause cancer cells to mutate and become resistant and difficult to destroy. Surgery can also cause cancer cells to spread to other sites.
11. An effective way to battle cancer is to starve the cancer cells by not feeding it with the foods it needs to multiply.
*CANCER CELLS FEED ON:
a. Sugar substitutes like NutraSweet, Equal, Spoonful, etc. are made with Aspartame and it is harmful. A better natural substitute would be Manuka honey or molasses, but only in very small amounts. Table salt has a chemical added to make it white in color Better alternative is Bragg's aminos or sea salt.
b. Milk causes the body to produce mucus, especially in the gastro-intestinal tract. Cancer feeds on mucus. By cutting off milk and substituting with unsweetened soy milk cancer cells are being starved.
c. Cancer cells thrive in an acid environment. A meat-based diet is acidic and it is best to eat fish, and a little other meat, like chicken. Meat also contains livestock antibiotics, growth hormones and parasites, which are all harmful, especially to people with cancer.
d. A diet made of 80% fresh vegetables and juice, whole grains, seeds, nuts and a little fruits help put the body into an alkaline environment. About 20% can be from cooked food including beans. Fresh vegetable juices provide live enzymes that are easily absorbed and reach down to cellular levels within 15 minutes to nourish and enhance growth of healthy cells. To obtain live enzymes for building healthy cells try and drink fresh vegetable juice (most vegetables including bean sprouts) and eat some raw vegetables 2 or 3 times a day. Enzymes are destroyed at temperatures of 104 degrees F (40 degrees C)..
e. Avoid coffee, tea, and chocolate, which have high caffeine Green tea is a better alternative and has cancer fighting properties. Water-best to drink purified water, or filtered, to avoid known toxins and heavy metals in tap water. Distilled water is acidic, avoid it.
12. Meat protein is difficult to digest and requires a lot of digestive enzymes. Undigested meat remaining in the intestines becomes putrefied and leads to more toxic buildup.
13. Cancer cell walls have a tough protein covering. By refraining from or eating less meat it frees more enzymes to attack the protein walls of cancer cells and allows the body's killer cells to destroy the cancer cells.
14. (IP6, Flor-ssence, Essiac, anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals, EFAs etc.) to enable the body’s own killer cells to destroy cancer cells.. Other supplements like vitamin E are known to cause apoptosis, or programmed cell death, the body's normal method of disposing of damaged, unwanted, or unneeded cells.
15. Cancer is a disease of the mind, body, and spirit. A proactive and positive spirit will help the cancer warrior be a survivor. Anger, unforgiveness and bitterness put the body into a stressful and acidic environment. Learn to have a loving and forgiving spirit. Learn to relax and enjoy life.
16. Cancer cells cannot thrive in an oxygenated environment. Exercising daily, and deep breathing help to get more oxygen down to the cellular level. Oxygen therapy is another means employed to destroy cancer cells.
1. No plastic containers in micro.
2. No water bottles in freezer.
3. No plastic wrap in microwave.. Johns Hopkins has recently sent this out in its newsletters. This information is being circulated at Walter Reed Army Medical Centeras well. Dioxin chemicals cause cancer, especially breast cancer.Dioxins are highly poisonous to the cells of our bodies. Don't freeze your plastic bottles with water in them as this releases dioxins from the plastic. Recently, Dr Edward Fujimoto, Wellness Program Manager at Castle Hospital , was on a TV program to explain this health hazard. He talked about dioxins and how bad they are for us. He said that we should not be heating our food in the microwave using plastic containers. This especially applies to foods that contain fat. He said that the combination of fat, high heat, and plastics releases dioxin into the food and ultimately into the cells of the body. Instead, he recommends using glass, such as Corning Ware, Pyrexor ceramic containers for heating food. You get the same results, only without the dioxin. So such things as TV dinners, instant ramen and soups, etc., should be removed from the container and heated in something else. Paper isn't bad but you don't know what is in the paper. It's just safer to use tempered glass, Corning Ware, etc. He reminded us that a while ago some of the fast food restaurants moved away from the foam containers to paper The dioxin problem is one of the reasons. Also, he pointed out that plastic wrap, such as Saran, is just as dangerous when placed over foods to be cooked in the microwave. As the food is nuked, the high heat causes poisonous toxins to actually melt out of the plastic wrap and drip into the food. Cover food with a paper towel instead.
This is an article that should be sent to anyone important in your life...
Tuesday, October 9, 2012
You don't have to overspend to achieve a
gorgeous you. Beauty is just a raid away from your cabinets and fridge. Nature’s best kept skin and hair care products are all around
you. If you are in a beauty emergency and
need a quick rescue, head to the kitchen and mix up some of the natural
beauty products you can find in there.
You will need:
• 1/2 cup of squeezed oregano with water
• 1/2 cup of Calamansi juice
Preparation: Mix them together in a bowl stir to achieve a thick consistency. Apply this in your elbows and knees with cotton balls. Do not rinse it with water.
Purpose: Calamansi and Lemon are commonly used as condiments for our meals but it can also work wonders to your hair, armpits and even on the dark pigmentation in your skin such as on knees and elbows. These citric fruits are rich in vitamin C and their juices can act as bleach and astringent.
Friday, October 5, 2012
This creamy flavor-filled fruit is a
powerhouse of nutrients. It helps fight cancer, keeps your heart healthy
and can also delay aging.
Avocado, a powerhouse of nutrients!
Avocados are getting popular as your neighborhood fruits vendor too has begun to stock them. This creamy, delicious fruit contain many essential nutrients such as folic acid, potassium, fiber, vitamin E, B-vitamins. In addition this fruit is known as a nutrient-booster as it aids better nutrient absorption.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF AVOCADOS:
PROTECTION AGAINST ORAL CANCER: Research suggests that certain compounds in avocados manage to seek out pre-cancerous and cancerous oral cancer cells and destroy them, without causing any harm to healthy cells.
KEEPS BREAST CANCER AWAY: Avocado also helps prevent breast cancer. Like olive oil, this fruit is high in oleic acid, which according to many studies is known to prevent breast cancer.
PROTECTS AGAINST PROSTATE CANCER: Avocado also inhibits the growth of prostate cancer.
FOR A HEALTHY HEART: Studies show that people who eat foods rich in folate have lesser chances of developing health diseases. A cup of avocado meet b23% of the recommended value of folate, so make it a part of your daily diet to keep heart diseases at bay. Additionally, avocado contains good amounts of vitamin E, monounsaturated fats and glutathione, which are good for you heart.
PREVENTS STROKE: This fruit contents high amounts of folic acid, which as per various studies is known to help prevent strokes.
LOWERS CHOLESTEROL: This fruit is high in a compound called beta-sitosterol, which studies say can lower cholesterol. Another compound, oleic acid is also known to help in lowering cholesterol.
NUTRIENT-BOOSTER: Avocados help greatly enhance your body’s ability to absorb the health-promoting carotenoids (organic pigments like lycopene and beta carotene) from vegetables. So add some slices of this yummy fruit to your salad and reap its benefits.
SOURCE OF VITAMIN E AND ANTIOXIDANTS: Avocados are rich in vitamin E and an antioxidant called glutathione, both these help protect the body against damage from free radicals.
FOR HEALTHY EYES: Avocados have more of the carotenoid lutein in comparison to any other popular fruit. This compound is known to protect eyes from muscular degeneration and cataracts, both age-related eye diseases.
Sunday, September 30, 2012
To be honest, I don't drink because I don't like the taste and the
effects afterwards especially the hangover. People drink, and it’s
usually for a reason like celebration, loneliness, depression,
insecurity, stress, or the worst of all, boredom. I’ve rarely seen
people drink for reasons other than those. Some people drink because it
goes well with food, and that isn’t bothersome to me. If you drink and
you’re happy about it, then that’s great for you. I recognize that there
are benefits to drinking as well. Sure a glass of wine a day is
supposedly good for you. They said that the best bite of your steak is
the first bite because steak coats your tongue in a film that inhibits
taste. Red wine dissolves that film. The only time I use wine is when I
make a fruit cake, lol!
If you want to celebrate, then here's a toast for you. Be sure you can
control yourself and don't put the wine into your head. Drink to your
health! Visit wine online and learn more about wine.
Presented By ONEHOPE Wine Online Fifty Percent of Profits Go To Charity
Coffee: drinking coffee regularly has been proven to reduce, mental disorders such as Dementia, Alzheimer's and many other. Caffeine is good for the brain and is known to be high in antioxidants. However, it is important to remember not to mix your coffee with any artificial sweeteners because that significantly reduces the positive impact of caffeine on you body.
Friday, September 28, 2012
Every marriage experiences problems. No matter how long you have been
married – whether one year or 40 years – you will have problems. Marital
problems can be extremely intense and painful, and those hurts can cut
deeply and last a very long time. Ask other couples what it took to build a strong and successful
marriage. Rest assured that their strong marriages did not develop
overnight. They experienced some of the same problems you have. One
reason their marriages are strong today is that they were committed to
the idea that no matter what obstacles they faced, they would learn to
manage their problems and overcome crisis on an ongoing basis.
The success of marital relationship depends upon how well the couple resolves their conflicts. Lack of willingness from both sides to address the underlying issues often leads in divorce. It would be great if they will seek help from a team of family lawyers from Stewart Esten to assist in addressing all issues arising from marital relationship breakdown. At any point in a legal process, if you are unsure how to proceed, this is when these lawyers are needed to handle the proceedings. With their skills and long years of experience, rest assured that they will assist you each step of the way. Don't go forward without being informed and properly advised.
Tuesday, September 18, 2012
Hair masks are great for improving condition but some of them can be
quite expensive. Why not try making your own? The biggest advantage is
that your mask won't have any chemicals so it will really help your
hair. You may already have most of the ingredients in your home so you
can always whip one up for an emergency conditioning session! And it's
fun! Give it a try – but be warned, it's addictive!
Here are some lovely hair mask recipes which I got from hair style city - have fun!
Rescue Masks for dry, damaged hair
You can also use these if your hair isn't in bad condition but just needs a boost. Leave them in for the minimum time.
Coconut cream maskSoften a large chunk of coconut cream in your hands and massage into hair. Wrap your head in a warm towel and leave it on for an hour. Wash out with a gentle shampoo.
Egg maskBeat two full eggs with 2 tablespoons of water. Apply to clean, damp hair, massaging in well. Leave for 10 – 15 minutes and then wash out with mild shampoo.
Banana smoothie for hair – not for drinking!Mix 1 mashed banana, 1 full egg, 3 tablespoons of honey, 3 tablespoons of milk and 5 tablespoons of olive oil. Make sure it's well combined and then apply to hair. Leave for 15 – 30 minutes and wash out with a gentle shampoo.
Yogurt hair maskSeparate an egg and beat the white until it's foamy. Mix with 6 tablespoons of natural yogurt. Massage into the hair and leave for 15 – 30 minutes. Wash out with a very mild shampoo.
Avocado hair maskMash the flesh of one ripe avocado. Add 1 tablespoon of honey and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix until creamy and then apply to your hair. Leave for 20 minutes and then wash out with a gentle shampoo.
Olive oil hair maskWhisk up 5 tablespoons of olive oil – it doesn't matter which sort – with 2 full eggs. Massage thoroughly into your hair and then cover it with plastic wrap or a shower hat. Your body heat will help the oil to penetrate. Leave for a minimum of 30 minutes and then shampoo out, rinsing well.
Honey and Olive oil maskMix 3 tablespoons of olive oil with 2 tablespoons of honey. Apply to your hair and wrap your head in plastic film or put on a shower hat. Leave for at least 30 minutes and then shampoo as usual, rinsing well.
Banana and almond mask for dry, damaged hairMash a ripe banana and add a few drops of almond oil. Mix well and massage into your hair. Leave for 15 – 30 minutes. Wash out with gentle shampoo.
Milk and honey maskMix a tablespoon of honey in half a cup of full fat milk. Apply to your hair and leave for 15 minutes. Wash out with a mild shampoo.
Masks to help get rid of dandruff
Fenugreek maskSoak a handful of fenugreek seeds overnight in just enough water to cover them. In the morning, grind the seeds in the water to make a paste. Apply to your hair and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes. Wash it out using a mild shampoo.
Thyme hair rinsePut 7 heaped tablespoons of dried thyme into 2 cups of water and boil the mixture for 10 minutes. Your kitchen will smell heavenly! Strain the mixture and leave it to cool. Lean over a bowl and pour half of the solution onto clean, damp hair. Keep scooping it out of the bowl and re-applying until all your hair is well soaked. Don't rinse or wash out. Keep the other half of the solution for another treatment!
Rinse for blondesAdd a couple of tablespoons of lemon juice to a pint of water and use as a rinse after shampooing.
Rinse for brunettes and redheadsAdd a couple of tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to a pint of water and use as a rinse after shampooing.
Orange musk rinse for shiny hairMix the juice of a fresh orange with 1 tablespoon of honey and 5 – 7 drops of sandalwood oil. Dilute with enough water to make a rinse – about a pint – and mix thoroughly. Use after shampoo and then rinse out.
Honey shine rinseMix 1 teaspoon of honey into 4 cups of warm water. Make sure it's well dissolved. Use as a rinse after shampooing and don't wash out. Dry as normal for a great shine!
Be prepared!These are quick, easy and fun to make – and they're great for your hair! Once you've found a few favorites, keep the ingredients in your store cupboard so you can indulge in one up whenever you want!
Thursday, July 26, 2012
1. Keep body hydrated
- Cucumber has 96% water content that is more nutritious than regular water, which helps in keeping the body hydrated and regulating body temperature. It also helps in flushing out the toxins from the body.
2. Skin care - The high water content, vitamins A, B, C and the presence of certain minerals like magnesium, potassium, and silica make cucumbers an essential part of skin care. Facial masks containing cucumber juice can be used for skin tightening. Ascorbic acid and caffeic acid present in cucumbers can bring down the water retention rate which in turn diminishes the puffiness and swelling under the eyes. Cucumber skin also can bring relief to the skin caused by sunburn or windburn.
3. Fight cancers - Cucumber are known to contain lariciresinol, pinoresinol, and secoisolaricire sinol – three lignans that have a strong history of research in connection with reduced risk of several cancer types, including breast cancer, prostate cancer, uterine cancer, and ovarian cancer.
4. Control Blood Pressure - Cucumber juice contains a lot of potassium, magnesium and fiber thatwork effectively for regulating blood pressure. This makes cucumber good for treating both low blood pressure and high blood pressure.
5. Beneficial for teeth and gums - Cucumber juice is also beneficial for people with teeth and gums problems, especially in cases of pyorrhea. Cucumber is a good source of dietary fiber and this fiber massage in the teeth and gums.
Thursday, June 21, 2012
I love drinking coconut water especially if it's from a freshly opened coconut. Hubby and I often stop by at the market to buy a freshly opened coconut. I just love the refreshing taste not to mention the benefits we get from drinking it. I prefer it than those flavored drinks that are carbonated and high in fructose. In my homeland Philippines, coconut is sold everywhere. We even had 2 golden coconut trees in front of our house before and we are used to drinking it. It's a sad thing that the coconuts had to be cut down because it grown so tall and touched the electric wire. Coconut water is really good and most of us use it to cleanse our urinary tracts and it really works. Below are benefits that we get from drinking coconut water. After reading this, the more I will drink it.
1. The best thing about this beverage is that it contains Zero Cholesterol. It contains minerals like Calcium, Manganese, İron, Zinc, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Sodium and Potassium. It also contains vitamins like Riboflavin, Thiamine and Vitamin C . All these nutrients make coconut a very potent health drink. It is more nutritious than milk, as it has less fats and no cholesterol
2. Research studies suggest that Cytokinins (e.g., kinetin and trans-zeatin) in coconut water showed significant Anti-Carcinogenic and Anti-Thrombotic and Anti-Aging Effects
3. It is used as intravenous saline fluid in many developing countries and has saved many lives. The reason that it's possible to be used that way is its composition, which is quite identical to Human Blood Plasma
4. Coconut water, by its very nature is an İsotonic Beverage. That is, it has the perfect balance of electrolytes in it, which is good for our body due to its right PH Levels
5. It is an excellent Energy Drink for the old and the sick, who find it difficult to process solid food. It is a Natural Fluid designed to Sustain Life
6. It is better than many processed baby milk products, as it contains Lauric Acid which is an important ingredient of Mother's Milk.This natural beverage can effectively treat Disturbance of the İntestine in İnfants
7. Anti-Ulcer Properties: Both coconut milk and coconut water exhibit potent anti-ulcer activity against chemicals such as indomethacin, a Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug (NSAID)
8. Blood-Pressuring Lowering Properties: When human subjects consumed coconut water for two weeks, it was found to lower blood pressure in 74% of the experimental group, reducing it by up to 24 points (mmHg) systolic and 15 points (mmHq) diastolic
9. Anti-Alzheimer’s Properties: in an animal model of ovarectomy-induced menopausal changes, coconut water appeared to prevent the decline of brain estrogen (estradiol) levels, as well as the associated accumulation of Alzheimer’s disease associated β-amyloid (Aβ) plaque in their brains
10. Anti-Bacterial Properties: Three novel antimicrobial peptides have been identified in coconut water which exhibited inhibitory activity against both Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria
11. Anti-Gastroenteritis Agent: When sodium is added (ideally sea salt) coconut water has been determined to be an ideal rehydrating agent in countries where medical supplies are not freely available, and where, say, cholera and other severe forms of gastroenteritis persist
12. Ultimately, coconut makes for an excellent alternative to Sports Drinks, which are increasingly comprised of synthetic ingredients
13. Its water is also a very good source of B-Complex Vitamins such as Riboflavin, Niacin, Thiamin, Pyridoxine, and Folates. These vitamins are essential in the sense that body requires them from external sources to replenish
NOTE: IF you buy Coconut water, please look at the ingredients ... should be 100% pure coconut water ... nothing else ... no sugar, not anything else.
Sunday, May 13, 2012
I am not very fussy with the way I look. In fact I hardly use any make up at all except putting some eye brow liner because my eyebrows are so thin. That's the reason I need to have an eyebrow liner most of the time. I even told my hubby I'm getting tired putting eyebrow liner in my eyebrows and I planned to go to the beauty salon to have a permanent eyebrow. I've never done it before but I believe it will save me time in putting those eyebrow liners in my face. One of my friends had done it before and she told me it's worth it. It so happened that as I was browsing the internet I found this site that offers a permanent make up to their customers. I think this is what I need and I have to tell my hubby about it. He might be happy for me to finally find a solution to my problem. The site caters to women who really want to look their best. If only my mom is still alive, I would have given her a Mother's Day present by giving her a permanent make up from the said website. So if you guys want to look prettier and stunning, just visit their website and find out more about Glow Day Spa. I'm pretty sure you will not get disappointed with their products and services.
Thursday, April 19, 2012
Instead of eating an apple each day for optimum health, the adage should state that a banana each day keeps the doctor away.
Bananas are good for your heart and nerves.
Bananas are good for your kidneys and bones
Bananas can act as mood enhancer mild sedatives
Bananas are good for your blood
Bananas are good for kids.
Bananas are good source of dietary fiber
They Lower Blood Pressure
High Nutrient Absorption
They are also helpful in preventing age-related macular degeneration and strokes.
Did you know that you can die from anger? Anger can cause a number of life-threatening incidents such as stroke, high blood pressure, heart attacks and cancer.
It may also flare up illnesses such as diabetes, back pain, skin disorders, stomach problems and asthma.
Well known cardiologist Dr. Willie Ong has these tips on how to reduce anger. They are:
REST WELL --
Don’t overwork yourself. When you try to work too hard you pressure yourself. If you’re well rested, it will be harder to make you angry. Take a walk, or sit down with a friend. These activities can help you to relax.
Physical exercise can reduce stress and tension. By getting your body tired from exercise, you won’t have the pent-up energy to get mad anymore. Exercise also releases feel-good and happy hormones.
DON'T DRINK ALCOHOL --
Alcohol and anger are a deadly combination. Please do not be tempted to drown your anger in alcohol because this may lead to bigger problems later on.
WAIT YOUR ANGER OUT --
If you’re angry with someone, don’t confront the person right away. Wait awhile. Try doing slow, deep breathing exercises in the meantime. If possible, delay confronting him or her for a day. When the time comes, your anger might have passed already.
THINK LONG-TERM --
Ask yourself: Is this issue I’m angry about going to affect me in a year’s time? How about in 10 years? If the answer is “No, it won’t affect me,” then you might as well forget about it.
GET BUSY --
People who have nothing much to do tend to become more irritable. Little things that other people are doing become a bigger deal and a source of irritation. It’s better to focus your energies on your own projects.
DISTRACT YOURSELF --
If you feel your anger rising, one trick is to distract yourself. Read a magazine, look at a different scene, or mentally think of a beautiful place. This will shift your mind to other things.
GIVE YOURSELF SOME ALLOWANCE --
You don’t have to be a perfectionist. Prepare yourself in advance for delays, traffic problems, and glitches in meetings.
AVOID UNPLEASANT SITUATION --
Know the things that usually make you angry. Are you going to a meeting or a party you’re not comfortable in? Before getting yourself stuck in those situations, try to either prepare for it or just avoid it.
As the Bible tells us, “Love your enemies. Pray for those who persecute you.” This is hard to do, but forgiveness and acceptance may be the only permanent release from anger. Everybody makes a mistake, knowingly or unknowingly. That is why Jesus teaches us to pray, Forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us. Yes, it’s easier said than done.
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
One place I'm dying to see is Disneyland. When hubby and I went on vacation to California many years ago, we never had the chance to visit Disneyland. We've been to different tourist spots in CA like the Golden Gate, Universal Studios, Sea World, etc. but not to Disneyland. I told hubby I wanted to see it but he told me we were already low on money that time so he promised me that he will take me to Disneyland next time. Many years had passed but until now hubby's promise still remains a promise. I've been dreaming to see that place one of these days. I've seen some photos of my friends in Facebook who have been there and the more I wanted to go there.
I'm not losing hope. I believe that sooner or later, when hubby will have the money that he will fulfill his promise to me and buy some disneyland tickets and take me to Disney. I understand our situation right now that we have to do what we are called to do and that is to do the works of the Lord. We have our ministry and our service to the Lord comes first before anything else. Who knows, one of these days when we will have our furlough, we will go to Disneyland. The Scriptures says, "Delight yourself in the Lord and He shall give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4
Tuesday, April 3, 2012
If you are a diabetic, do you know that drinking vinegar mixed with water after meals is effective in controlling your sugar level?
Dr. Carol Johnston did an experiment with 3 groups, one healthy group, one pre-diabetic, one with type 2 diabetes. She made them drink vinegar after their meals.
She found that blood glucose and insulin was better managed after the meal when they drank vinegar.
An interesting finding is that the vinegar helped the people lose weight! The control group who drank vinegar after meals not only controlled their sugar level but also lost weight compared to the people who did not drink vinegar.
Vinegar is also helpful in making your body more alkaline and less acidic. Every morning, add a tsp of vinegar (regular vinegar or apple cider vinegar) to lukewarm water and drink first thing in the morning. If you’re feeling tired, drink water with vinegar, after 2 hours you’ll feel refreshed. (source: naturodoc.com)
Other uses of vinegar: dab it on your acne, it kills the bacteria.
Household uses: add it to water for mopping floors, cleaning windows. Vinegar works on preventing ants from entering your house. Ants don’t like the smell of vinegar. Spray it on areas with ant infestations.
Monday, March 19, 2012
Feeling depressed? Anxious? Moody? Apart from relaxation exercises, you may wish to consider eating certain mood-boosting food to get you out of your funk and back into sweet serenity! Here are some food that are known to positively turn sad into glad!
Walnuts (available in most supermarkets like SM) contain omega-3s, vitamin B6, tryptophan, protein and folate. Higher blood levels of omega-3s have been linked with better mood and lower rates of depression, while lower blood levels of omega-3s have been associated with higher rates of depression and negative feelings. Omega-3s and uridine (another substance found in walnuts, which plays an important role in helping metabolize carbohydrates) worked in the same way as standard antidepressant medications.
Sunflower seeds contain folate and magnesium. These two substances aid in regulating and boosting mood. A handful of sunflower seeds delivers half the daily recommended amount of magnesium.
Let us tackle magnesium first. When magnesium is deficient in the body, a person will have feelings of fatigue, nervousness and anxiety. Proper magnesium levels, help us achieve a calm and relaxed state which is important in order to achieve a good mood. Magnesium supplements have been prescribed by doctors in order to treat major depression, suicidal tendencies, anxiety, irritability and insomnia.
Folate (also known as vitamin B9 and as folic acid) is a B-complex vitamin that’s closely linked with nervous system function. Folate deficiency may result in feelings of irritability, depression and brain fog, as well as insomnia which easily leads to depression and irritability.
Sunflower seeds are also a good source of tryptophan and are often recommended by nutritional experts as a natural method of boosting serotonin levels (serotonin is the chemical that is present when one is happy).
There is a very good reason why depressed people eat lots of chocolate! Chocolate contains a several substances that elevate mood, including fat, sugar, caffeine, phenylethylamine, flavonols, theobromine and tryptophan.
Caffeine and theobromine are two naturally occurring stimulants found in chocolate. Along with sugar and fat, these substances provide a swift burst of energy and mood-lifting power. Chocolate also contains the mood-boosting compounds phenylethylamine, tyramine, tryptophan and magnesium. Chocolate also has the ability to lift our moods by just being itself! It has a rich, mouth-pleasing texture; an intense taste; and an appealing aroma. It does not matter if you are eating the locally-produced Choconut or the relatively expensive Ferrero Roche, chocolate tastes, smells and makes us feel good!
Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Ovarian Cancer Treatment
Ginger may be powerful weapon in the treatment of ovarian cancer. A study conducted at the University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center found that ginger powder induces cell death in all ovarian cancer cells to which it was applied.
Colon Cancer Prevention
A study at the University of Minnesota found that ginger may slow the growth of colorectal cancer cells.
A review of several studies has concluded that ginger is just as effective as vitamin B6 in the treatment of morning sickness.
Motion Sickness Remedy
Ginger has been shown to be an effective remedy for the nausea associated with motion sickness.
Reduces Pain and Inflammation
One study showed that ginger has anti-inflammatory properties and is a powerful natural painkiller.
Ginger has long been used as a natural heartburn remedy. It is most often taken in the form of tea for this purpose.
Cold and Flu Prevention and Treatment
Ginger has long been used as a natural treatment for colds and the flu. Many people also find ginger to be helpful in the case of stomach flus or food poisoning, which is not surprising given the positive effects ginger has upon the digestive tract.
Research has shown that ginger may provide migraine relief due to its ability to stop prostaglandins from causing pain and inflammation in blood vessels.
Menstrual Cramp Relief
In Chinese medicine, ginger tea with brown sugar is used in the treatment of menstrual cramps.
Prevention of Diabetic Nephropathy
A study done on diabetic rats found that those rats given ginger had a reduced incidence of diabetic nephropathy (kidney damage).
Thursday, February 9, 2012
Even though the effects of depression might be all too real in your life, depression is not real. If you're suffering from depression, you're only imagining it because depression is the direct result of your subconscious mind's obsession with useless thoughts that were impressed upon it during your formative years. I know that this may seem completely unreasonable to anyone who is trapped in the dark by depression - or, indeed, to anyone whose life is deeply affected because a loved one or family member suffers from depression. But it is a psychological fact. Not only that, it's the way every single person's mind works. In other words, it's normal for your subconscious mind to focus on the past - everyone's does - it's just that the psychological snapshots that your subconscious is focused on are more negative - and the subconscious mind loves negative. This is not your fault - it's the way we're all wired. Nor is it your fault that you're carrying more negative baggage than someone else. Your subconscious mind was impressed with those thoughts by others, people and events that made you feel bad, guilty, useless, upset or traumatised during your childhood years.
Now, whilst it is normal for your subconscious to focus on past deeply-rooted thoughts, it's doing you damage - you can see it and feel the all too obvious results in your everyday life. Again, there's no need to feel bad about this - everyone's subconscious mind is doing them damage - at least you have the advantage over other normal people in realizing that you've got a problem.
But that problem is solely down to what your subconscious mind is focused on - there are no other broken pieces in your make up, no damaged hard-wiring. It follows then that medication is not going to treat your problem, it's only going to ease the symptoms. What you have got to do is tear your mind's attention away from those self-destructive thoughts. This is easier said than done for two reasons. First of all, your mind has been 'comfortable' in focusing on those old childhood snapshots for all of your adult life - you're trying to break the habit of an adult lifetime. Secondly, your mind's 'default settings' are set to pay attention to what you do not want to pay attention to - it's the way you're wired as a normal adult.
So, whilst your depression's cause is rooted in your own brain - the ultimate and permanent solution to your depression is also in your own head. This solution is found by embarking on a 'self-training course' in paying attention to the only place and time that's real, the only place and time that you can really live - the here and now. This training course requires daily commitment - perhaps only five or ten minutes, but five or ten minutes every single day - otherwise your mind will drift back to its default settings. But the good news is that you won't be training yourself to do something that's foreign to you. When you were a child, you paid full attention to the here and now - that's how you took those negative snapshots in the first place. Do you think that five or ten minutes each day might be worth the bother? Could ten minutes each morning make the remaining twenty three hours and fifty minutes that much better? The answer is a resounding Yes! But five or ten minutes doing what?
You make 'sense' of your life by noticing what your five senses are telling you and then interpreting that information using your childhood snapshots. As a result, you make nonsense of the reality of the information being fed to you be your five senses. You've got to take your childhood snapshots out of this process entirely, by deliberately, for ten minutes each morning, only paying attention to what you see, feel, hear, smell and taste. For those ten minutes, you simply notice what's going on, you don't interpret it, you simply observe. When you get frustrated because your mind starts wandering - or your subconscious tries to tell you that the exercise is a complete waste of time - you simply see, feel, hear, smell and taste. I believe that the best way to relearn how to pay attention to the reality of your five senses is meditation - preferably, for starters, guided meditation. It will take you a while to get into it, you will find it difficult or strange or both but a little commitment will yield enormous benefit. And remember, you will be meditating to clear your mind - not to ascend to some other spiritual plane (if there is one) but to prevent your mind paying attention to the unreal conditioning that's playing havoc with your life.
If you do manage to turn your attention to the reality of the here and now you will experience something that you probably have never experienced before - there's no such thing as depression, there's no such thing as fear or worry, there's only a world full of possibilities and potential. Pills or medicine won't enable you experience the difference between reality and the illusion of depression - they might make the pain go away for a while but your subconscious mind will always wander back to those thoughts that are not real but just an imprint of a past long gone. The only way you will experience reality - one without depression - is to learn how to clear your mind.
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Parsley is known as best cleaning treatment for kidneys and it is natural!
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
A glass of warm lemon or lime water first thing in the morning is surprisingly helpful in several ways. This Yogic or Ayurvedic ritual was primarily for stimulating digestion and eliminating ama, the Ayurvedic term for toxic slime that builds up in the gastro-intestinal or GI tract. This ritual has even more health benefits.
1) The warm lemon water helps purify and stimulate the liver. Lemon/lime water liquefies bile while inhibiting excess bile flow.
2) Warm lemon/lime water aids digestion. It’s atomic composition is similar to saliva and the hydrochloric acid of digestive juices.
3) The liver produces more enzymes from lemon/lime water than any other food, according to A.F. Beddoe, author of Biological Ionization as Applied to Human Nutrition.
4) The lemon/lime water helps bowels eliminate naturally and easily.
5) Lemons and limes are high in potassium. Potassium is an important mineral that works with sodium for smooth electrical transmission in the brain and nervous system. Depression, anxiety, fogginess, and forgetfulness can often be traced to low potassium blood levels. That same nervous system needs potassium to assure steady signals to the heart. So your heart health is improved from the lemon water’s potassium.
6) Calcium and magnesium are plentiful in good ratio to each other in lemon/lime water. Magnesium is important for heart health and calcium prevents rickets.
7) Lemon/lime water can help lower blood pressure.
8) Lemon/lime water has an alkalizing effect in the body as it is buffered. Even if you drink it just before any meal, it will help your body maintain a higher pH than if you didn’t drink it. The higher or more alkaline your pH, the more your inner terrain is resistant to minor and major disease.
9) Helps dilute uric acid, which if it accumulates it creates arthritic pain or gout.
10) Helps reduce phlegm in the body.
At least a half of a lemon or lime should be thoroughly squeezed into a half glass of the warm water without any sweetener. It’s better to use a lemon/lime squeezer to get maximum juice with minimum seeds and effort. This should be done first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, and don’t start eating breakfast right away. Some recommend an hour before eating for maximum results.
One technique to assure proper timing would be to heat up water and put it into a thermos before going to bed. Then mix that hot water with room temperature purified lemon or lime water upon arising. Drink it down quickly, then go about your other morning routines before eating breakfast.
The warm lemon/lime water daily habit is as cheap and easy as it gets to help you improve and maintain your health. Bottoms up!
Sunday, January 1, 2012
And here's my pic which I asked hubby to take while he was eating and he was not too happy to be interrupted. I was having a bad hair day that time, too bad.
Meanwhile, hubby was having a hard time choosing what to order so I asked the waitress which is their bestseller and she said it's the salmon fillet with sprouted mung beans and rice so I ordered that for the hubby. It took around 15 minutes to wait on our orders. When it came, hubby tasted his food and he said the price of his food is not worth it. The price was P300 and it just consisted of 2 salmon fillets, sprouted beans and rice. See pic below.
Look at hubby's facial expression while eating his food. He was not satisfied.
He said he liked my foods better and so he ended up exchanging his food to mine. I'm generous so I gave my food and I got his but to my dismay, there was only a little piece of salmon left in his bowl and more rice and sprouted beans. I was tricked, lol! That's the reason why he's getting fatter and fatter everyday.