This is a true story that happened to me. Please take time to read. Actually, I posted this first in my other blog many months ago but I just want to share it here again. This is my personal testimony of how the good Lord had worked in my life.
Here is one chapter in my life that will always stay fresh in my mind. Sometimes I don’t want to think about it because it bring back a tremendous feeling in me but the Holy Spirit has been leading me to share it here in my blog. This experience in my life is a living proof that God is still the same yesterday, today and forever and miracles happen when we pray. I’m not telling this to glorify myself or anybody but to glorify the name of Jesus, my Healer. It was September 1995 when I felt a lump in my left breast while I was taking a bath. I got worried but I can’t go to the doctor at that time because I had no money, no job and my grandmother who had been supporting us from her pension just passed away. My sister Violy was the sole bread-winner at that time and life was not that easy. I was a college graduate but it was not easy to get a job in the Philippines. In my previous jobs, I was just a casual employee and my other jobs were just contractual. I tried my best to look for one and I applied in different offices but no luck. Then after a few months of searching the Lord had finally answered my prayer and I landed a job in a public high school in our town as a school clerk on March 1996. After I got my first salary I went to a doctor for a check up of the lump in my breast and he said I needed to have an excision for biopsy. I was so scared to go under the knife but with lots of prayers in my church and my own prayers and my family, I finally took the courage to go under the knife. My first salary just went to the doctor. To make the story short, after the biopsy, I was diagnosed of the Big C, breast cancer. I remember, I was with my aunt in the hospital and I cried and cried. I asked God "Why me Lord? There are lots of bad people out there but why me of all people?" I said I’m still young and I’m going to die soon. To have a cancer is just like having a death sentence. My mother passed away because of breast cancer when I was 16 and I’ve witnessed how hard it was for her to suffer this disease. I prayed hard to God, at that time I was still a baby Christian but I believe that God can do miracles. I wanted an instant healing miracle like what I watched in the tv but God had another plan. I just realized later that God deals with every individual differently. I didn't want to have another surgery because I was so scared and I remember my sister and I used to cry at night. I told her I'm going to die like our mom, she had undergone surgery 3 times but she still died. But Violy encouraged me and with lots of prayers I agreed to undergo another surgery because I wanted to live longer. It was really so hard for me financially, my mind was bothered with my illness and I was also tortured of thinking where will I get the money needed for the surgery. My sister Violy decided to get a loan so I can have the money I needed for the surgery. Also my brother Celso just got a job and he helped me too. My neighbors who are well off financially don’t even want to loan me money because they thought I won't be able to pay it. This time I needed a lot of prayers again from my church and for one month I was the subject of their prayer meetings and also they came and prayed for me in our house. I needed the courage to go under the knife again. Everything went alright after the surgery but it took some time for the wound to heal. Then I went back to work after a few days and I just took some medications which the doctor prescribed me to kill the cancer cells. But lo and behold, after almost 2 years I had a relapse in 1998, the cancer came back and it was inflamed. This time I went to see another doctor in Baguio General Hospital. He’s an oncologist and he was the doctor of my late mom. He still remembered my mom and he said mother and daughter. I cried at that time and he recommended to me to have a chemotherapy and radiation therapy as soon as possible. I had to remedy again the money needed for the treatment. I was so depressed this time. My salary was not even enough to cover my treatment each month and I needed to have the chemo every 28 days for 6 months. I prayed to God to take care of my financial needs. I told God that He owns the world and everything on it and I trusted Him that He will meet my needs and God has been so faithful. He provided all the money that I needed. He used other people to help me. My distant relatives here in the US learned what I'm going through had sent me money and also my college friends in Canada sent me money to help me. Just after my 1st chemo my hair fell out and it really made me cry. I was so depressed because It's hard for me to lose my hair. Also I always throw-up until there's no more food in my stomach and I was worst than a pregnant woman because I don’t even like the smell of certain foods. It made me throw-up too. My youngest brother Albin accompanied me in my treatment alternately with my aunt and my BF in Baguio each month. After my 2nd chemo, the worst happened. The effects of chemo and radiation therapy is worst than the cancer itself. I can’t eat and I can’t sleep for almost a week and I felt so weak. I didn’t even want to look at myself in the mirror because I saw an ugly woman whenever I look at the mirror due to the effects of the therapy. I was so thin, so dark and no hair and my fingernails were black. I was even ashamed to go out when other people came into the house. I hid in my room. I used a hat then I bought a wig to cover my bald head. I almost died after my 2nd chemo. It felt like there was a heavy stone in my chest and I can’t lie down for even straight 5 minutes. When I sat down I got tired so I really didn't know what to do. I can't eat because my throat was sore due to my throw-ups. I knew my immune system at that time was so weak because of the chemo treatment. It killed the good and bad cells in my body. My room was upstairs and I can hardly go up there. I remember I even asked forgiveness from my father who was still alive at that time and all the members in my family because I thought I won’t live long. I really cried and I know they had a hard time seeing me suffer. My sister and her husband took me to the hospital to have a dextrose to make me stronger but it didn't really helped a lot. Still I didn't feel any better. When everybody were all sleeping at night I was wide awake sitting down on my bed and looking at the sky talking to God and pleading my case. Then that memorable night happened. I was really so weak and can’t sleep for many nights already. I kneeled down beside my aunt and I cried out my heart to the Lord. I told God that if it’s His will to take my life, then take it now because I already suffered a lot and I can't handle it no more but if it’s His will that I will live, then He will heal me. I told God that I know that all people will die but I pleaded to Him to please extend my life so I can help my family and also His ministry. I claimed His promises in the Bible, like “I am the Lord that healeth thee”, “Ask and it shall be given”, “Whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you will receive it and will be yours”, "I will never leave you nor forsake you", “With God nothing is impossible”. While I was praying, my aunt kneeled down too beside me and we both prayed and cried to the Lord to heal me for almost half an hour. I made a total surrender to the Lord. After that I laid down and I focused my thoughts on Jesus. I kept telling myself, Jesus loves me, Jesus loves me, then I drifted off to sleep for the first time after almost a week of not being able to sleep. When I was sleeping satan came to disturb me because I dreamed about my mom having a lot of lumps in her body and I woke up. I rebuked satan and told him to leave in Jesus’ name. I told him that greater is He who is in me (Jesus) than he who is in this world (satan). I really said it out loud. Then I went back to sleep and when I woke up in the morning I decided to go back to work. I had to fight my illness and won’t let the enemy win. From that time on I slowly regained back my strength and my healing has been slowly and surely. Until now I’m cancer free. It's been almost 9 years since this incident happened and I thank God I'm still alive. Jesus Christ has healed me! The Lord is really amazing! He’s the greatest physician in this world and I give Him all the glory, honor, praises and thanksgiving. He had also transformed me from glory to glory and I’m not ashamed to tell the whole world that Jesus Christ is my Healer, Provider, Comforter, Savior and Lord of my life and I belong to Him. Jesus Christ is also my coming King. This trial in my life had deepen my faith in God and I developed a closer relationship with Him. This was really a test of faith and I am a living proof that Jesus Christ still heals today as long as you have faith. To anybody who is reading my testimony, it's my prayer that you'll be blessed and if you have any problems in your life, just go to Jesus and talk to Him through prayer. Nothing is too difficult for Him. What He has done for me, He can do it for you for He is no respecter of person. Just have faith. To God be the Glory.
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
This is a true story that happened to me. Please take time to read. Actually, I posted this first in my other blog many months ago but I just want to share it here again. This is my personal testimony of how the good Lord had worked in my life.
I like to shop online. Why not? It's more convenient and hassle free. I just shop in the comfort of my home and I don't need to go to a crowded store to buy the things I want. To top that off I save gas and time shopping online. I just surf the internet and search for the things that I want to buy. I can also compare the prizes by going to different websites and also I can read the consumers' reviews. It's that easy to shop online. I just add those items that I want to buy in the shopping cart, check out and pay with my credit or debit card and they will send it to me. It's that easy. I just found out that Ashop provides shopping cart software to those websites that sells online so that online shoppers can easily purchase the things they want to buy by using their shopping cart in their online stores. It is easy to use, no installation needed because it is web based and it's good for small and medium-sized business. Ashop provides security, hosting, email accounts, and ongoing upgrades and technical support. It's search engine is fully optimized and you can also customize your design so your website will have that unique and personal look. For a low monthly fee, anyone can set up an online store with the help of this ecommerce software. So to those who are planning to build an online store, this software will definitely be of great help to you.
I don't know why on cold days I felt like just staying in the house and just watch tv and blog of course. One thing that really annoys me is my very slow internet connection. I can't do a lot of blogging because of this problem. I wanted to have a DSL connection so my PC won't take that long to operate. My, the waiting time alone is killing most of my time. I spent many hours infront of my PC because of the slow internet connection. I'm having a stiff neck already because of it. I definitely would apply for a DSL so I can blog more.
Friday, October 26, 2007
Pretty Sarah tagged me again. I like this meme because it's about my hubby and of course I can tell you here a glimpse of our love story.
This tag is simple. If you feel comfortable and your better half does too, you can post a picture of him in your blog ( but if not a description will do). May it be a baby picture anything that you like with the following:
1. First name: if he doesn’t like his name plastered all over the internet, a pet name will do.
2. How and where did you meet?
4. Your plans 20 to 30 years from now.
1. My hubby's name is George. Sounds popular? Of course it is, because he has the same name with the president here in the US. He even has the same middle initial (W) with president Bush. I fondly call him "Honey" but when I'm teasing him, I call him Georgie. He doesn't mind at all.
2. My hubby and I had a whirlwind romance. We met in the internet at christian cafe in May 2002. I was the first who e-mailed him and I just said Hi, how are you doin'? I didn't thought that that simple "hi" will turn into something serious. He e-mailed me everyday and then called me very often. And then he told me to call him collect whenever I want to. I told him no, because a collect call will cost him much in his phone bill. He said he doesn't care even he will spend a lot in his phone bill as long as he can hear my voice. I said to myself, hmmm, this guy is not stingy. Stingy guys turn me off you know. In June 2002 he proposed to me. So fast huh! I prayed to God and seek His will for me. I asked God if this guy is the one he wants me to have. I've been in through heartaches before and I don't wanna experience it again. I felt peace in my heart after I prayed. July 2002 I answered George's proposal thru e-mail. He was so happy, me too. August 2007, he went in the Philippines to meet me. Then he asked me to go to the US Embassy in Manila to get the legal capacity for marriage. I thought we will just meet each other, because we didn't talk about getting married before he came to see me. I didn't even have enough time to get to know him. But one thing I've learned, if that person is God's will in your life, even you've just known him in a short period of time, it felt like you've known him all your life. God has sent me my soulmate at last. We only had 10 days to prepare for the wedding. September 11, 2002, we got married in our church. Lots of people attended our wedding, especially the reception. My hubby was surprised to see a lot of people coming in. He didn't really mind, he was just fascinated, they're not used to that here in US you know. Only the people you invited will come. In the philippines, invited or not they will come to eat, he-he-he!!! Four days after the wedding, hubby flew back to US and left me with a lonely heart. I missed him so much. December 1, 2002, hubby returned to the Philippines and spent Christmas and New Year there. He stayed there for 2 months and flew back to the US January 29, 2003. March 12, he returned again to the Philippines for the 3rd time because he missed me so much. He stayed there until my visa was processed. September 30, 2003 we got here in the US. Thank you Lord!!!
3. My hubby is so loving and has a big heart. He always say "I love you" to me everyday. He said if he forget to tell it, I can kick his butt. Never done that yet. He love me unconditionally and he do everything for me as long as he can.
4. Our plans in the future is to live in the Philippines and help in God's work by reaching to the lost souls and share the gospel to them so they too will be saved.
Okay friends, you've read my story, it's your turn now Rissa, Liza, Lira, Irel and Ging.
Thursday, October 25, 2007
I baked pot pie because hubby had been wanting to eat a home-made one. He likes the pot pie that Toni gave me last time but the problem is I don't have the recipe. I've seen the way Toni made her pot pie but I don't know the measurements and all the ingredients. I tried to make one by memory but it turned out to be a disaster, gosh! It was edible but not good, too dry. So what I did I searched the internet and got this recipe for a home-made chicken pot pie. I cooked it and it turned out good. Hubby and I loved it and we ate it all. Here's the recipe for a delicious chicken pot pie made from scratch:
Chicken Pot Pie
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubes
1 cup slice carrots
1 cup frozen green peas
1/2 cup sliced celery
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon celery seed
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup milk
2 (9inch) unbaked pie crusts
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In a saucepan, combine chicken, carrots, peas, and celery. Add water to cover and boil for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and set aside.
3. In the saucepan over medium heat, cook onions in butter until soft and translucent. Stir in flour, salt, pepper and celery seed. Slowly stir in chicken broth and milk. Simmer over medium-low heat until thick. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Place chicken mixture in bottom pie crust. Pour hot liquid mixture over. Cover with top crust, seal edges and cut away excess dough. Make several small slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Most people now just go online to buy something they want and that includes me. It's a lot easier and no hassle to drive to a crowded mall. I just search the websites and choose what I want. Then I add those items that I want to buy in my shopping cart, check out and pay with my credit or debit card and they will send it to me. I was really wondering how easy it was to use those shopping carts when I purchase online. I had no idea how those websites created it? I thought it's really hard as I'm not really good in computer myself. I was surfing the internet and I came across Ashop commerce, a website that offers a ecommerce software that will guide you to build your online store. It is easy to use, no installation needed because it is web based. It's search engine is fully optimized and Ashop also give full technical support in case you have any problem. For a low monthly fee, anyone can set up an online store with the help of this software. You can also customize your design so your website will have that unique and personal look. So to those who are thinking of building an online store, you better check out this software. It makes it easy to shop online using those shopping carts. It's not really that hard to become a merchant online nowadays with the help of this shopping cart software. They also offer a 10 day free trial so you can try it yourself before you buy.
Last weekend, hubby and I went to visit the kids and grandkids in Alvarado and Cleburne. We were so glad to see them except Sherry, my youngest step-daughter. We haven't seen her in a good while. She was always busy working but everytime we stop by at her work, she's not yet there. I hope to see her next time we go there on Thanksgiving. We spent Friday night in Alvarado with Stacy and her kids. Steven and his kids were also there. We spent Saturday night in Cleburne with Shelly and family. We were supposed to go to Traders's Village in Grand Prairie last Saturday but then hubby decided to postpone it next time. Saturday night, Robert and Shelly treated us to dinner at El Chico in Grandbury. Boy! I like their food there. We were all so full afterwards. We had a good time this weekend and came back home Sunday night. The only thing we don't like is the heavy traffic in I-35 in Fort Worth. Where did all those cars came from?
Making money online is a lot of fun. I enjoy it myself and I don't encounter the hassle of having to go out everyday to work. I just stay in the comfort of my home and type infront of my computer. Getting up early especially during the cold weather is really so hard for me as I'm not used to very cold weather. So I'm really glad that I don't have to do that and just work at home. One website that pays me to blog is Smorty. This website connects advertisers with bloggers. I just have to write my opinions about the advertisers' products linking their website in my posts and I get paid to blog. Ain't that cool? Smorty pays bloggers to advertise on blogs about those products being offered by the advertisers. One thing I like about Smorty is that they pay bloggers weekly through Paypal. I don't have to wait for a month before getting paid like what other websites do. So what are you waiting for? Get that blog, sign up to Smorty and blog for money. I assure you it's really fun.
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
This is a tag from Lira.
THE RULES - List of 7. Each player starts with 7 random facts about themselves on their blog. People who are being tagged need to blog 7 facts about themselves and post the rules as well. At the end of their blog list 7 people you are tagging. Let them know that they are tagged by leaving them a comment.
1. I am the oldest of 4 siblings in the family.
2. I got saved and accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior 19 years ago.
3. I have a strong faith in the Lord and I firmly believe that with God nothing is impossible.
4. I had 2 BF before I finally met the man that God wants me to have and that is my husband George.
5. I am loving and affectionate and I really care and love my husband and my loved ones very much.
6. I am a homebody but I also love going to places I've never been before for sightseeing and nature tripping.
7. I always talk to God in prayer. I tell Him all my cares and plans for the future and I commit everything to Him. I love God and His Son Jesus Christ who died in the cross for my sins.
Now I'm tagging Nancy, Sarah, Janine, Rose, Ester, Merydith and Ging.
Monday, October 22, 2007
It's cold, gloomy and windy today. The lowest is in the upper 30's and the highest is 57. It's like winter already. I hope we would still enjoy fall temperatures before it gets too cold. I always like spring and fall seasons. I told my hubby if the temperature is always in the 70's, I would prefer to live here in the US. Knowing my hubby, he wants to live in the Philippines and stay there for good. I really won't mind because I want to be with my family also. I miss them very much. Well, I have to dig in our blankets and warmer clothes for tonight because it would be cold according to the weather forecast.
Friday, October 19, 2007
Just been busy these past few days. I didn't even have time to update this blog of mine. My hubby and I will be out of town this afternoon and we'll be back Sunday afternoon. To my co-bloggers who tagged me, sorry guys if I can't do it. Much as I would like to, but just don't have the time right now. I hope you can excuse me for not being able to do it. I'll make it up one of these days. See ya all and God bless.
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Do you need a new garment today? I’m not talking about a physical garment. I’m talking about what’s covering your mind and emotions. Are you clothed with despair and disappointment? Are you wearing “heaviness”? If you’ve gone through a hurtful situation, the Bible says there is a time to grieve, and it’s important to release that hurt to the Lord. But the Bible also tells us that God wants to give you a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. You can put on a garment of praise instead of a heavy, burdened spirit. What’s holding you back today? Are the garments of yesterday weighing you down and holding you back? The garment of praise is light and filled with peace and joy. Don’t carry those heavy burdens around anymore! Today is the day for new garments! Forgive those who have hurt you and begin to praise Him! Thank God for life today. Thank Him for the beautiful sunrise. Thank him for restoring you, even if you don’t see it yet. And this verse says, you will be called an oak of righteousness, strong and secure, and you will display the splendor of the Lord all the days of your life!
To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they maybe caled trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that He might be glorified. (Isaiah 61:3 KJV)
Saturday, October 13, 2007
I did manage to put again my widgets and links but it took me a while. I had to do it manually, one by one and had to go throught the websites where I got my widgets. I really can't figure out how to put back the widgets that I saved before trying to edit my template's HTML. I was worried I can't put back my blog links. What would my co-bloggers say? They might thought I deleted their links. Well, I won't touch again this HTML or else I would encounter the same problem. Waaaahhh, it really sucks....
I'm sorry guys if you can't see your links here now. I was trying to customized my template and then when I pasted back the widgets like the blog links, leave me a message, etc. it says error. I've been here until past midnight but still can't figure out how to put back my widgets. I saved my old template and all the codes but my problem is when I pasted it back, it won't appear. Pasensiya na, di marunong ang lola nyo. I'm a newbie here in blogspot. If anybody knows how to customized profiles and put back my widgets, I will appreciate very much your help. Till then and I'm already sleepy.
Friday, October 12, 2007
I got this tag from Sarah. Thanks for tagging me my dear. My apology because it took me a few days before doing it. Just been busy.
1. Name one person who made you laugh last night?
2. What were you doing at 0800?
- still sleeping
3. What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
- watering my plants
4. What happened to you in 2006?
too many to mention
5. What was the last thing you said out loud?
- "don't tickle me" coz hubby's day isn't complete without him tickling me
6. How many beverages did you have today?
- 2 glasses of water
7. What color is your hairbrush?
- i'm just using combs color pink and orange
8. What was the last thing you paid for?
9. Where were you last night?
- in my room
10. What color is your front door?
11. Where do you keep your change?
- wallet or purse
12. What’s the weather like today?
13. What’s the best ice-cream flavor?
- butter pecan, rocky road, vanilla
14. What excites you?
- going to places I've never been to, sightseeing, shopping
15. Do you want to cut your hair?
- i only want to get my hair trim
16. Are you over the age of 25?
- yes, thank God for giving me all these years in my life
17. Do you talk a lot?
-yes and no it depends who i talk to
18. Do you watch the O.C.?
19. Do you know anyone named Steven?
-yes, my step son
20. Do you make up your own words?
21. Are you a jealous person?
-not really it depends on the situation
22. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘A’.
23. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘K’.
- Kenneth, my nephew
24. Who’s the first person on your received call list?
- my hubby George
25. What does the last text message you received say?
- How are you and George, Hope you're doing ok. We miss you both.
26. Do you chew on your straw?
27. Do you have curly hair?
-just a slight natural curl which makes my hair fly away
28. Where’s the next place you’re going to?
- to attend our church banquet tonight
29. Who’s the rudest person in your life?
30. What was the last thing you ate?
31. Will you get married in the future?
-I'm already happily married.
32. What’s the best movie you’ve seen in the past 2 weeks?
- I haven't watch movie these past 2 weeks.
33. Is there anyone you like right now?
- my Savior Jesus Christ, I just don't like Him, I love Him
34. When was the last time you did the dishes?
- This morning after I ate my breakfast
35. Are you currently depressed?
- not depressed but a little bit sad coz I miss my family and I want to be there on Christmas
36. Did you cry today?
37. Why did you answer and post this?
coz Sarah tagged me and I want my readers to know more about me.
38. Tag 5 people who would do this survey.
I am tagging Garf,
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Making money online is really cool. In fact I know a lot of people now are into this paid blogging business and of course I'm one of them. You don't have to go out everyday to work. You can earn money by just staying at home and of course you need to have a blog site. One website that pays you to blog is Bloggerwave. You submit a post to them and once it's approved they pay you and the minimum pay is $10 for each post. This is really cool. In fact, just by writing this will earn me 10 bucks. Sign up to Bloggerwave and start earning money.
Friday, October 5, 2007
Yesterday I baked banana nut bread. Hubby bought some bananas a few days ago and they are already very ripe now. He's been eating some of it but he doesn't want to eat them now that they are very ripe. He said it's too soft for him. So it's best to make a banana nut bread. I often make banana nut muffins and bread but this time I opted to just make banana nut bread. Both hubby and I love eating it for our snacks. It's really good...yummy. I want to share the recipe. Try it, it's worth the effort.
Preheat oven 350 degrees.
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup butter
1 tsp baking soda
1 ½ cup flour (all-purpose)
1 cup pecan nuts chopped (optional)
½ cup sour cream
1 tsp baking powder
2 mashed bananas
1 tsp vanilla
1. Mix butter (melted), sugar, eggs, nuts.
2. Dissolve baking soda in sour cream.
3. Add baking powder, mashed bananas, vanilla.
4. Stir in flour.
5. Bake (muffin) 15 mins.
(loaf) 45 mins/40 mins.
Wednesday, October 3, 2007
This award was given to me by Thira. Thank you very much for this award my friend. I appreciate it.
This award was designed by Mike at Ordinary Folk and was originally offered by Christy of Totally Fabulous. She says the award is for “bloggers who are fun, cool, and of course Totally Fabulous!”
I would like to pass this award to bloggers who are simply totally "Fabulous"
Tuesday, October 2, 2007
I woke up late today, around 9:30 AM. I really had a good night rest. After eating my breakfast, I went outside and I noticed that a lot of leaves were scattered in our yard. It's really fall season and the leaves of the trees are starting to fall. I don't like seeing our yard so messy so I took my broom and swept the yard. Yup, I used a stick broom which my friend Malou gave me which she brought from the Philippines when she went on vacation. After sweeping the yard, I pulled out the weeds which grew in our backyard. This task of mine made me sweat and it's a good workout for me. Boy! Was I glad to see our yard clean but it won't be long that it will be full of leaves again. Can't help it, fall is kicking in...