Moringa is rich in Vitamin A. it contains four times
more Vitamin A or beta-carotene that carrots. Hence, it is a weapon
It is also rich source of Vitamin C many times more that oranges.
Normally milk is said to be a rich source of calcium but the amount of calcium present in moringa leaves is way higher than in milk.
The moringa leaves said to contain two times the protein present in milk
Bananas are a rich source of potassium. But moringa leaves contain several times more potassium than bananas.
Saturday, April 19, 2014
Moringa is rich in Vitamin A. it contains four times
more Vitamin A or beta-carotene that carrots. Hence, it is a weapon
Wednesday, February 26, 2014
For Diabetes Sufferers-Cut the ends of a few okra, put in a cup with water overnight, the next day remove the okra and drink the water… Diabetes will go away and so will your shots. Everything created by God works miraculously on human. One volunteer said that their blood glucose decreased from 300 to 150. Another fell from 195 to 94 and even said the okra water played the role of insulin, very well done.
So while you can keep adding okra to your soups and curries, the best natural remedy for diabetes is to have raw okra soaked in water. The question is, what nutrient in okra makes it such a powerful natural remedy for diabetes? These are some of the health benefits of okra that can be helpful to diabetics.
Low GI Food: The term GI stands for Glycemic Index. All diabetics are advised to have food that low glycemic index. Okra has a glycemic index of 20. According to medical standards that is a very low GI food. Diabetics can easily snack on okra recipes to fill their stomach and also control their blood sugar levels.
Fights Kidney Disease: The next step after detection of diabetes type 2 is always a kidney condition. It has been seen that persistent high blood sugar levels affect your kidneys very badly. The health benefits of okra include keeping kidney diseases away. So have okra to maintain good renal health if you are diabetic.
Soluble Fiber: Soluble dietary fibers are good for diabetics because it plays a important part in carbohydrate digestion. Okra which is rich in soluble fibers slows down the digestive process and reduces the impact of carbs on the blood sugar levels.
Thursday, September 5, 2013
I love eating raw garlic, not by itself but I always mince it and mix it with soy sauce and vinegar as dipping for fried fish. I love the taste and it really boast my appetite to eat more. The only draw back is the smell in my mouth afterwards. Hubby told me my breath stink whenever I eat garlic. I tried to use mouth wash but it doesn't disappear right away. Then I read that swishing mustard in your mouth helps remove the bad breath. I tried and it worked.
Do you know that garlic has a lot of health benefits. Here's the list.
35 health benefits of garlic:
2. Helps lower cholesterol.
3. Has the ability to lower blood pressure.
4. Helps treat gout.
5. Treating and preventing the flu and upper respiratory tract infections.
6. Prevents the growth and spread of bacteria.
7. Helps treat Tuberculosis.
8. Treating purulent wounds.
9. Helps treat Trichomoniasis (a sexually transmitted infection.)
10. Boosts your metabolism.
11. Prevents the spread of collon cancer…
12. …gall bladder cancer…
13. …rectal cancer…
14. …breast cancer…
15. …and prostate cancer.
16. Helps aid digestion.
16. Treats a yeast infection.
17. Dissolves blood clots.
18. Increases appetite.
19. Kills intestinal worms and parasites.
20. Helps treat cataracts.
21. Helps treat arthritis.
22. Helps treat diabetes.
23. Help treat staph infection.
24. Hells get rid of a tooth ache.
25. Treats acne.
26. Kills warts.
27. Helps treat tetter.
28. Helps in the treatment of boils on the skin.
29. Has a soothing effect on the intestines.
30. Garlic phytoncides are used to treat asthma…
31. …chronic bronchitis…
31. …and whooping cough.
32. Helps cure insomnia.
33. Slows the process of aging.
34. Inhibits the growth of Candida albicans.
35. Strengthens the body’s immune system
Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Celery is from the same family with parsley and fennel, the Umbelliferae family. It can grow to the height of up to 16 inches. The white celery is grown shaded from direct sunlight, thus has less chlorophyll, compared to its greener counterparts.
The ribs of celery are crunchy and are often used to make soup or salad. It has a salty taste, so celery juice is a good mix with the sweeter fruit juices. Depending on variety, some may taste very salty.
Celery leaves has high content of vitamin A, whilst the stems are an excellent source of vitamins B1, B2, B6 and C with rich supplies of potassium, folic acid, calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, sodium and plenty essential amino acids.
Nutrients in the fiber are released during juicing, aiding bowel movements. The natural organic sodium (salt) in celery is very safe for consumption, in fact is essential for the body. Even individuals who are salt-sensitive can safely take the sodium in celery, unlike table salt (iodised sodium) which is harmful for those with high blood pressure.
While many foods lose nutrients during cooking, most of the compounds in celery hold up well during cooking.
Celery has always been associated with lowering of blood pressure. When combined with other juices, it provides different formula that help other conditions.
Recent studies have shown that celery might also be effective in combating cancer.
Some of the health benefits of celery juice:
The important minerals in this magical juice effectively balance the body's blood pH, neutralizing acidity.
Celery juice acts as the perfect post-workout tonic as it replaces lost electrolytes and rehydrates the body with its rich minerals.
Celery is known to contain at least eight families of anti-cancer compounds. Among them are the acetylenics that have been shown to stop the growth of tumor cells. Phenolic acids which block the action of prostaglandins that encourage the growth of tumor cells. And coumarins which help prevent free radicals from damaging cells.
This humble pale juice has been shown to effectively and significantly lower total cholesterol and LDL (bad) cholesterol.
Colon and stomach cancer:
The phytochemical coumarins prevent the formation and development of the colon and stomach cancers.
The natural laxative effect of celery helps to relieve constipation. It also helps relax nerves that have been overworked by man-made laxatives.
During dry and hot weather, drink a glass of celery juice two or three times a day, between meals. It wonderfully helps to normalize body temperature.
The potassium and sodium in celery juice helps to regulate body fluid and stimulate urine production, making it an important help to rid the body of excess fluid.
The polyacetylene in celery is an amazing relief for all inflammation like rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, gout, asthma and bronchitis.
Celery promotes healthy and normal kidney function by aiding elimination of toxins from the body. While eliminating toxins, it also prevents formation of kidney stones.
Lower blood pressure:
Drinking celery juice every day for a week significantly helps lower blood pressure. A compound called phtalides help relax the muscle around arteries, dilating the vessels and allowing blood to flow normally. To be effective, drink the juice for one week, stop for three weeks, and start over.
The organic alkaline minerals in celery juice has a calming effect on the nervous system, making it a wonderful drink for insomniacs.
Drink celery juice frequently throughout the day. It helps curb your cravings for sweets and rich food.
Urinary stones, breaking of:
The diuretic effect of celery juice also aids the breaking and elimination of urinary and gall bladder stones.
You can expect many more healing benefits from celery juice as you consume its natural sodium. Read how our body lacks and have been deprived of, natural salt.
Choose green celery where possible for its chlorophyll. Ensure that the ribs are still firm, not limp. To store in the fridge, wrap celery in a sealed container or wrap in a plastic bag or a damp cloth.
Do not leave it at room temperature for too long as it tends to wilt quickly. If your celery has wilted, sprinkle it with a little water and put it in the refrigerator for a few hours. It will regain its crispness.
Celery is such a succulent plant that it produces its own "pesticide" to protect itself from fungi. This protective layer is called psoralens which although protects the celery, may not go down so well with some people.
If you begin having skin problems after eating celery, it might mean that you have some sensitivity to psoralens.
Some people with low blood pressure had complained that celery makes their blood pressure even lower. I personally didn't encounter that problem so I believe it is also your overall make-up. But, you might want to avoid celery if you have low blood pressure. Listen to your body when you take celery.
Sunday, February 3, 2013
I love eating malunggay leaves and its fruits not only because of its nutritional benefits but it also taste so good to me. I love to mix the leaves when cooking beans and the fruits when cooking pinakbet. It's a good thing we have a lot of malunggay plants in our yard so we don't have to buy it. I know some benefits of malunggay but I read more of its benefits from an FB friend so I just want to share it here. The more will I eat malunggay now. Yummy!
Here are the health benefits of Malunggay:
1. Malunggay leaves helps strengthens the immune system.
2. Malunggay can help restores skin condition, controls blood pressure, relieves headaches and migraines.
3. Malunggay tea can help strengthen the eye muscles.
4. Malunggay tea can help heal inflammation of the joints and tendons.
5. Malunggay tea can prevent intestinal worms.
6. Malunggay can help increase semen count.
7. Malunggay help normalize blood sugar level therefore preventing diabetes.
8. Malunggay has anti-cancer compounds (phytochemicals) that help stop the growth of cancer cells.
9. Malunggay helps relax and promotes good night sleep.
10. Malunggay tea is used to treat fever and asthma.
11. Malunggay help heals ulcers.
12. Malunggay is high in calcium (four times the calcium in milk), therefore lactating mothers are advised to consume malunggay leaves to produce more milk for their babies. The young malunggay leaves are also boiled and taken as tea.
13. Malunggay contains three times the potassium in bananas.
14. Malunggay contain four times the vitamin A in carrots. An ounce of malunggay has the same Vitamin C content as seven oranges.
15. Malunggay leaves contain two times the protein in milk.
16. Malunggay seed is used to clean dirty or polluted water. Malunggay is a very diverse plant in terms of its medicinal characteristics. It is universally known as Moringga. It is a rich source of vitamins, amino acids, and various nutrients which provides the needed energy to the body.
Its pods are edible. malunggay is mostly grown in the backyard. You can ask for them from a neighbor and they are given for free. They are cooked together with eggplant, ampalaya, tomatoes, and sitaw in a dish called pinakbet.
Its leaves are also incorporated in various dishes such as tinola, monggo and other kinds of meat dishes. They are used mostly by postpartum mothers in order to produce breast milk for the baby. These leaves are added to soups which the mother drinks in large amount. Nowadays, malunggay leaves are already available in capsule form and can be bought as over the counter drugs for breastfeeding women.
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Within two weeks, your will see remarkable result in reduction of blood sugar.
Take two pieces of okra and remove/cut both ends of each piece. Also put a small cut in the middle and put these two pieces in glass of water. Cover the glass and keep it at room temperature during night. Early morning, before breakfast simply remove two pieces of lady Finger from the glass and drink that water. Keep doing it on daily basis. Within two weeks, you will see remarkable results in reduction of your SUGAR. My sister has got rid of her diabetes. She was on Insulin for a few years, but after taking the lady fingers every morning for a few months, she has stopped Insulin but continues to take the lady fingers every day. But she chops the lady fingers into fine pieces in the night, adds the water and drinks it all up the next morning.
Please. try it as it will not do you any harm even if it does not do much good to you, but you have to keep taking it for a few months before you see results, as most cases might be chronic.
Monday, January 14, 2013
overindulged? Feeling a bit sluggish? Or just not looking your best? It
could be that your body is in need of a detox. Fortunately, there are
many foods around that can help counteract the effects of a toxic
lifestyle. Whether you want to lose weight, feel more energized, improve
your complexion or boost your mood, check out these top 10 foods to
cleanse your body and boost your health.
1. LEMON: Lemons are a staple of many detox diets, and there is good reason for this. Firstly, lemons are packed with antioxidant vitamin C, which is great for the skin and for fighting disease-forming free-radicals. Furthermore, the citrus fruit has an alkaline effect on the body, meaning that it can help restore the body's pH balance, benefiting the immune system. Try starting your day with hot water and a slice of lemon to help flush out toxins and cleanse your system.
2. GINGER: If too much fatty food or alcohol has caused problems for your digestive system, it may be worthwhile adding some ginger to your diet. Ginger is not only great for reducing feelings of nausea, but it can help improve digestion, beat bloating and reduce gas. In addition to this, ginger is high in antioxidants and is good for boosting the immune system. To give your digestion a helping hand, try sipping on ginger tea or adding some freshly grated ginger to a fruit or vegetable juice.
3. GARLIC: Garlic has long been known for its heart benefits, however the pungent food is also good at detoxifying the body. Garlic is not only antiviral, antibacterial and antibiotic, but it contains a chemical called allicin which promotes the production of white blood cells and helps fight against toxins. Garlic is best eaten raw, so add some crushed garlic to a salad dressing to boost its flavour and your health at the same time.
4. ARTICHOKE: If you have recently been overindulging in fatty foods and alcohol, adding some steamed globe artichoke leaves to your meals is a great way to help get your body back on track. Globe artichokes are packed with antioxidants and fiber and can also help the body digest fatty foods. On top of this, globe artichoke is renowned for its ability to stimulate and improve the functions of the liver - the body's main toxin-fighting tool.
5. BEETROOT: For those needing a quick health-boosting shot of nutrients, you can't do much better than beetroot. Packed with magnesium, iron, and vitamin C, the vegetable has recently been hailed as a superfood due to its many reported health benefits. Not only is beetroot great for skin, hair and cholesterol levels, but it can also help support liver detoxification, making it an ultimate detox food. To enjoy its benefits, try adding raw beetroot to salads or sipping on some beetroot juice.
6. GREEN TEA: While it's not technically a food, no detox plan would be complete without regular consumption of essential liquids. Fluids are essential for keeping our organs healthy and helping to flush toxins from the body, and drinking green tea is a great way of boosting your intake. Green tea is not only a good weight-loss drink, but it is extremely high in antioxidants. Research has also suggested that drinking green tea can protect the liver from diseases including fatty liver disease.
7. CABBAGE: Many celebs have resorted to the cabbage soup diet to help lose weight and get in shape quickly before a big event, however cabbage is not only good for weight loss - it is also an excellent detoxifying food. Like most cruciferous vegetables (including broccoli and sprouts), cabbage contains a chemical called sulforaphane, which helps the body fight against toxins. Cabbage also supplies the body with glutathione; an antioxidant that helps improve the detoxifying function of the liver.
8. FRESH FRUIT: Fresh fruits are high in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fibre= and are also low in calories, making them an important part of a detox diet. If you're after brighter eyes and skin, shinier hair and improved digestion, try boosting your intake of fruit and eating from a wide variety of different kinds. The good news is fruit is easy to add to your diet, so try starting your day with a fresh fruit salad or smoothie and snacking on pieces of fruit throughout the day.
9. BROWN RICE: If you want to cleanse your system and boost your health, it is a good idea to cut down on processed foods. Instead, try supplementing your diet with healthier whole grains such as brown rice, which is rich in many key detoxifying nutrients including B vitamins, magnesium, manganese and phosphorous. Brown rice is also high in fibre, which is good for cleansing the colon, and rich in selenium, which can help to protect the liver as well as improving the complexion.
10. WATERCRESS: Like most green herbs and vegetables, watercress is an excellent health-booster and detox food. Firstly, watercress leaves are packed with many vital detoxifying nutrients, including several B vitamins, zinc, potassium, vitamin E and vitamin C. Secondly, watercress has natural diuretic properties, which can help to flush toxins out the body. To reap the benefits of this nutritious food, try adding a handful of watercress to salads, soups and sandwiches.
Thursday, April 19, 2012
Instead of eating an apple each day for optimum health, the adage should state that a banana each day keeps the doctor away.
Bananas are good for your heart and nerves.
Bananas are good for your kidneys and bones
Bananas can act as mood enhancer mild sedatives
Bananas are good for your blood
Bananas are good for kids.
Bananas are good source of dietary fiber
They Lower Blood Pressure
High Nutrient Absorption
They are also helpful in preventing age-related macular degeneration and strokes.
Tuesday, April 3, 2012
If you are a diabetic, do you know that drinking vinegar mixed with water after meals is effective in controlling your sugar level?
Dr. Carol Johnston did an experiment with 3 groups, one healthy group, one pre-diabetic, one with type 2 diabetes. She made them drink vinegar after their meals.
She found that blood glucose and insulin was better managed after the meal when they drank vinegar.
An interesting finding is that the vinegar helped the people lose weight! The control group who drank vinegar after meals not only controlled their sugar level but also lost weight compared to the people who did not drink vinegar.
Vinegar is also helpful in making your body more alkaline and less acidic. Every morning, add a tsp of vinegar (regular vinegar or apple cider vinegar) to lukewarm water and drink first thing in the morning. If you’re feeling tired, drink water with vinegar, after 2 hours you’ll feel refreshed. (source: naturodoc.com)
Other uses of vinegar: dab it on your acne, it kills the bacteria.
Household uses: add it to water for mopping floors, cleaning windows. Vinegar works on preventing ants from entering your house. Ants don’t like the smell of vinegar. Spray it on areas with ant infestations.
Monday, March 19, 2012
Feeling depressed? Anxious? Moody? Apart from relaxation exercises, you may wish to consider eating certain mood-boosting food to get you out of your funk and back into sweet serenity! Here are some food that are known to positively turn sad into glad!
Walnuts (available in most supermarkets like SM) contain omega-3s, vitamin B6, tryptophan, protein and folate. Higher blood levels of omega-3s have been linked with better mood and lower rates of depression, while lower blood levels of omega-3s have been associated with higher rates of depression and negative feelings. Omega-3s and uridine (another substance found in walnuts, which plays an important role in helping metabolize carbohydrates) worked in the same way as standard antidepressant medications.
Sunflower seeds contain folate and magnesium. These two substances aid in regulating and boosting mood. A handful of sunflower seeds delivers half the daily recommended amount of magnesium.
Let us tackle magnesium first. When magnesium is deficient in the body, a person will have feelings of fatigue, nervousness and anxiety. Proper magnesium levels, help us achieve a calm and relaxed state which is important in order to achieve a good mood. Magnesium supplements have been prescribed by doctors in order to treat major depression, suicidal tendencies, anxiety, irritability and insomnia.
Folate (also known as vitamin B9 and as folic acid) is a B-complex vitamin that’s closely linked with nervous system function. Folate deficiency may result in feelings of irritability, depression and brain fog, as well as insomnia which easily leads to depression and irritability.
Sunflower seeds are also a good source of tryptophan and are often recommended by nutritional experts as a natural method of boosting serotonin levels (serotonin is the chemical that is present when one is happy).
There is a very good reason why depressed people eat lots of chocolate! Chocolate contains a several substances that elevate mood, including fat, sugar, caffeine, phenylethylamine, flavonols, theobromine and tryptophan.
Caffeine and theobromine are two naturally occurring stimulants found in chocolate. Along with sugar and fat, these substances provide a swift burst of energy and mood-lifting power. Chocolate also contains the mood-boosting compounds phenylethylamine, tyramine, tryptophan and magnesium. Chocolate also has the ability to lift our moods by just being itself! It has a rich, mouth-pleasing texture; an intense taste; and an appealing aroma. It does not matter if you are eating the locally-produced Choconut or the relatively expensive Ferrero Roche, chocolate tastes, smells and makes us feel good!