One Man’s Story
When Vernon Johnston was diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer, his options were few. The standard treatment required him to submit to bouts of chemotherapy and hope that the poisonous drugs that will be fed into his body can kill off cancer cells faster that they can kill off healthy, normal cells.
Chemotherapy represents a drastic measure that oncologists are all too eager to recommend and an option patients dread with good reasons. Often times, chemotherapy leaves the body drained and the immune system damaged.
When it fails, and it does fail often, chemotherapy severely reduces the chances of success of any subsequent treatment options. Yet 9 out 10 cancer patients turn to chemotherapy first.
In Vernon’s case, the prostate cancer was already advanced and had metastasized to his bones. Chemotherapy would have been long and expensive and there was no guarantee that those drugs would work.
So, Vernon took matters into his own hands. On his brother’s advice, Vernon decided to raise his body’s pH to combat the cancer spreading in his body. To do this, he sought to obtain cesium chloride.
Cesium therapy is a well-known treatment protocol in cancer therapy. And it is an option doctors rarely give their cancer patients.
Treating cancer with cesium has been shown to have a 50% cure rate. Compared to chemotherapy and radiotherapy, cesium therapy produces better results. This cure rate is even more impressive considering the fact that most cancer patients receiving cesium have already undergone and failed to respond to chemotherapy, radiation therapy and/or surgery.
Instead of trying his luck with these orthodox cancer protocols, Vernon simply ordered cesium chloride.
Unfortunately, the cesium never arrived. However, Vernon did not give up on raising his pH levels and making his body too alkaline for cancer cells to spread. While searching for alternatives, he happened on a cheap and commonly available alkalizing source: baking soda.
This common household cooking item is commonly added to bubbly drinks and also used as an antacid to neutralize stomach acid in the treatment of ulcer and acid reflux.
The remedy Vernon found called for mixing baking soda with maple syrup. With no maple syrup on hand, he mixed the baking soda with molasses.
Vernon Johnston fought his cancer with ingredients taken from his kitchen. His efforts and success are documented on his blog aptly described as "Dance with Cancer".
What is Baking Soda?
Baking soda is a white crystalline solid that appears as fine powder. It is also called cooking soda, bread soda and bicarbonate of soda. Its chemical name is sodium bicarbonate or sodium hydrogen carbonate.
Baking soda is different from washing soda (sodium carbonate) although they share the same slightly salty and alkaline taste.
This widely used soda is commonly dissolved in mineral water and used as a leavening agent in baking. It works as a leavening agent by neutralizing the acidic components of batter. The neutralization releases carbon dioxide and leads to the “raising” or expansion of baked foods.
Baking soda has also been used to soften vegetable and to tenderize meat.
As a household chemical, baking soda is used as a cleaning agent. It is included in toothpastes for similar reasons where it serves as an antiseptic, acid-neutralizer, whitening agent and plaque-removing agent as well as a cleaning agent.
Other common personal hygiene products in which baking soda can be found include deodorants and shampoos. To make the baking soda natural cancer remedy at home, you need maple syrup, molasses or honey to go along with the baking soda.
In Dr. Sircus’ book, he documented how one patient used baking soda and blackstrap molasses to fight the prostate cancer that had metastasized to his bones. On the first day, the patient mixed 1 teaspoon of baking soda with 1 teaspoon of molasses in a cup of water.
He took this for another 3 days after which his saliva pH read 7.0 and his urine pH read 7.5.
Encouraged by these results, the patient took the solution 2 times on day 5 instead of once daily. And from day 6 – 10, he took 2 teaspoons each of baking soda and molasses twice daily.
By the 10th day, the patient’s pH had risen to 8.5 and the only side effects experienced were headaches and night sweat (similar to cesium therapy).
The next day, the patient had a bone scan and too other medical tests. His results showed that his PSA (prostate-specific antigen, the protein used to determine the severity of prostate enlargement and prostate cancer) level was down from 22.3 at the point of diagnosis to 0.1.
Another baking soda formula recommends mixing 90 teaspoons of maple syrup with 30 teaspoons of baking soda.
To do this, the maple syrup must be heated to become less viscous. Then the baking syrup is added and stirred for 5 minutes until it is fully dissolved.
This preparation should provide about 10-day worth of the baking soda remedy. 5 – 7 teaspoons per day is the recommended dose for cancer patients.
Care should be taken when using the baking soda remedy to treat cancer. This is because sustaining a high pH level can itself cause metabolic alkalosis and electrolyte imbalance. These can result in edema and also affect the heart and blood pressure.
Ideally, you should consult a doctor before adopting the baking soda solution. An oncologist with a knowledge of this cure would be most helpful.
Tuesday, October 29, 2013
One Man’s Story
Thursday, September 5, 2013
I need to lose weight. I know I've been telling that to myself for the past few months but with no success. I know it's my fault why I gained weight. I lost control in eating. I forgot my diet and I became too lazy to exercise unlike before. It all started when we got back home from our four months vacation in Texas. I bought a lot of vitamins and nutritional supplements which hubby and I have been taking for several months. My appetite increased which resulted to a staggering weight gain. I need to do something about it for health reasons and for my clothes to fit me. Oh my, all my clothes are shrinking!
I started riding my stationary bike and my elliptical machine. I did resume my walking too. Now I've been browsing the internet for some zumba videos because I heard some of my friends had been attending zumba classes and lost weight. I happened to come across Houston Dance Studio which offers wide variety of classes like zumba classes, ballet, hip hop and piyolet classes. I also learned that pole dancing is one of their specialty. What excites me most is that I can watch a lot of their videos on their youtube channel. I can dance while watching it and I hope I will shake off those unwanted pounds and achieve my ideal weight..
I love eating raw garlic, not by itself but I always mince it and mix it with soy sauce and vinegar as dipping for fried fish. I love the taste and it really boast my appetite to eat more. The only draw back is the smell in my mouth afterwards. Hubby told me my breath stink whenever I eat garlic. I tried to use mouth wash but it doesn't disappear right away. Then I read that swishing mustard in your mouth helps remove the bad breath. I tried and it worked.
Do you know that garlic has a lot of health benefits. Here's the list.
35 health benefits of garlic:
2. Helps lower cholesterol.
3. Has the ability to lower blood pressure.
4. Helps treat gout.
5. Treating and preventing the flu and upper respiratory tract infections.
6. Prevents the growth and spread of bacteria.
7. Helps treat Tuberculosis.
8. Treating purulent wounds.
9. Helps treat Trichomoniasis (a sexually transmitted infection.)
10. Boosts your metabolism.
11. Prevents the spread of collon cancer…
12. …gall bladder cancer…
13. …rectal cancer…
14. …breast cancer…
15. …and prostate cancer.
16. Helps aid digestion.
16. Treats a yeast infection.
17. Dissolves blood clots.
18. Increases appetite.
19. Kills intestinal worms and parasites.
20. Helps treat cataracts.
21. Helps treat arthritis.
22. Helps treat diabetes.
23. Help treat staph infection.
24. Hells get rid of a tooth ache.
25. Treats acne.
26. Kills warts.
27. Helps treat tetter.
28. Helps in the treatment of boils on the skin.
29. Has a soothing effect on the intestines.
30. Garlic phytoncides are used to treat asthma…
31. …chronic bronchitis…
31. …and whooping cough.
32. Helps cure insomnia.
33. Slows the process of aging.
34. Inhibits the growth of Candida albicans.
35. Strengthens the body’s immune system
Monday, August 26, 2013
PeachSuite.com is a family owned and operated business since 1981 that provides Hotel Supply Online, bar supplies; hospitality supplies, hotel catering supplies; janitorial supplies; outdoor furniture; and restaurant equipment. The company is currently having some great deals for summer time fun, such as barbeque tools, outdoor glassware, outdoor furniture, cookware, bakeware, linens, towels, cleaning supplies and storage containers. They only provide high quality supplies at the best price. They also have new products to choose from as well.
With PeachSuite's Hotel Bar Supplies, you can equip yourself with everything you need. Bar equipments, bar front, bar glasses, bartender supplies, ice handling, serer supplies, bar mats, disposables and anything you could possibly need to operate a bar can be acquired for an affordable price from their site. They even offer a free shipping on orders oer $500. This Atlanta hotel supply has a little bit of everything, you are sure to find exactly what you need. They also have a clearance sale which most shoppers like me are always looking for. I always enjoy shopping if the prices are marked down because I save a lot of money. Check it out folks and don't miss out their great offers. You may want to tell your friends too.
Monday, August 19, 2013
Do you ever encounter people who promises you but don't have the word of honor to fulfill such promises? These kind of people really irritate me and they're not worth my trust. If a person breaks her/his promises to me, it would be hard for me to believe her/his word next time. I happened to encounter one person who is very good in breaking her promises and she can't keep her word. She promised me many times and broke it many times too. At first I just kept my cool and tried to understand her but she kept breaking her word until I reached my limit and burst with anger. I got fed up, wrote her a letter and I expressed my disappointment, anger and disgust. I thought we will become good friends because she's also a fellow Christian but I don't need someone who cannot keep her word and all she does is just breaking her promises. Even if you are the most beautiful or richest person in this world but don't have word of honor, then people will lose their confidence and trust in you.
Thursday, July 18, 2013
1. Eat a banana if you have heartburn. The Journal of Nutritional
Biochemisty (February, 2001) attests to the anti-ulcer properties of the
banana. Bananas act like a natural
antacid to the stomach. In this article, they identified the secret
component in the banana, the flavonoid leucocyanidin. Studies show that
bananas can protect against aspirin-induced gastritis and can
significantly increase the mucous membrane lining of the stomach.
2. Bananas are high in fiber and vitamins. A single banana contains 16% of the dietary fiber, 15% of the vitamin C, 11% of the potassium and 20% of the vitamin B6 recommended each day.
3. Bananas are good for the heart. Potassium is an essential mineral needed to regulate water balance, acidity level and blood pressure of the body. A lack of potassium may cause muscle weakness and irregular heartbeat. For patients taking a diuretic medicine, they should take 2 bananas a day to keep the potassium level up. Take note also that bananas have zero sodium (good for high blood pressure) and zero fat and cholesterol (good for those with high cholesterol).
4. Bananas may reduce strokes. Numerous studies have shown that low potassium levels can cause heart palpitations, which can then lead to a stroke.
5. Bananas help counter stress and insomnia. Bananas contain tryptophan, a type of protein that the body converts into serotonin. Serotonin is a hormone that is known to make you feel happy and improve your mood.
6. Diabetics may take bananas in moderation. Snacking on bananas between meals helps to keep the blood sugar level up. The glycemic index rating for a ripe, yellow banana is 51 which is fairly good. This means that the carbohydrates in a banana have a medium to slow effect in raising your blood sugar levels. However, as bananas ripen, the starch in the fruit turns to sugar and may cause your blood sugar to rise more. The lesson is: it's okay to eat a banana, but not the overripe one.
7. Bananas for fatigue and anemia. Have you seen Roger Federer eat a banana between games? The high potassium content prevents cramps and gives ready energy with its easily digestible starch. Bananas are also a rich source of iron, thus it is helpful in patients with anemia.
8. Bananas may prevent leukemia. A study published in the American Journal of Epidemiology by Kwan et al. (Dec 2004, pp. 1098-107) shows an association between regular consumption of bananas and oranges in children from ages 0-2 and a reduction in childhood leukemia.
9. Bananas may prevent childhood asthma. A European study of 2,640 primary school children in South London concludes that eating bananas at least once a day reduces episodes of wheezing and asthma attacks in children (European Respiratory Journal, Feb. 14, 2007). Eating apples and other fruits were not as beneficial.
10. It's cheap! The best news about the lowly banana is that it's cheap. And it comes in a great package. A banana can fit cleanly in your bag. Just cut it high up in the stem. When you feel hungry and stressed, reach for a banana.
The only downside with bananas is that some people may get constipation. If this is the case, then maybe you can mix your bananas with other fruits like papayas and watermelon to loosen your bowels. Taking in lots of water also helps.
I hope you can discover the wonders of the banana and add it to your daily diet. It just might cure you of your medical problems. Remember: Two bananas a day can keep the doctor away.
Tuesday, July 2, 2013
Spice up your 8 glasses per day of water with a slice or two of
cucumber. It's wonderfully refreshing, but there are amazing benefits to
cucumber as well. Cucumbers are cooler than you think ...
1. Fat busting: Do you ever wonder why women put cucumbers on their eyes to relieve puffiness? The photochemical in cucumbers makes the collagen in your skin tighten, thus the lack of puffiness. Did you know that you can rub a cucumber on a problematic spot of cellulite anywhere on your body to lessen the visibility of it? Did you also know that it has the same effect on wrinkles? Wow, it makes purchasing those fifty dollar creams seem a little silly, doesn’t it? You can also rub a little bit under your kiddo’s eyes after a long bout of crying to avoid that puffy ‘I cried for an hour straight’ look.
2. Defogger: Do you get annoyed when you get out of the shower and you have to fight the fog on the mirror? Who has time for that when the kids will be awake at any moment? Try rubbing a slice of cucumber on the mirror before you hop in and not only will you get a fog-free mirror, but you’ll have a nice smell that will boost your mood.
3. Headaches: If you suffer from headaches from chasing your babies all day (or pets or your husband), or had a little too much wine with dinner and want to avoid a hangover, eat half of a cucumber before bed. Cucumbers are high in B vitamins, sugar, and electrolytes, and they replenish the nutrients missing in your body to help you avoid a hang over or to beat that headache that’s been threatening to take over.
4. WD-40 replacement: Did you know you can get rid of a squeak by rubbing a cucumber on the hinge? Wow, now you don’t have to tear your garage apart looking for that little can with the red straw, and the baby won’t wake up when you slowly open the nursery door to check on him.
5. Crayon on the walls: Take an unpeeled cucumber and rub the crayon off of the walls in the event that your kiddo left you some art. You can also use this technique to erase a pen mistake.
6. Halitosis killer: Take a slice of cucumber and put it on the roof of your mouth. Hold it there with your tongue for 30 seconds. The photochemical that you love for cellulite and puff reduction will also kill the bacteria that is causing your bad breath.
7. Tarnish remover: If you’re finding tarnish on your stainless steel kitchen faucets and appliances? Rub it off with a cucumber slice. Not only will it remove years of tarnish, it will leave it streak free and your hands will thank you, and your kids won’t be put at risk from a dangerous chemical.
8. Energy booster: If you’re feeling tired in the afternoon, don’t give Starbucks your five bucks. Instead, grab a cucumber. There are just enough carbohydrates and B vitamins to give you a longer-lasting and healthier boost of energy than soda, coffee, or those health hazard energy drinks.
9. Munchy madness: Did you know that European trappers ate cucumbers for energy and to keep from starving to death? If those big burly manly men can eat a cucumber to keep from starving, you can eat one as a healthy choice when the munchies hit. Slice some up and take them in a small plastic container to the movies if your theater doesn’t offer healthy alternatives to munching on butter soaked popcorn.
10. Frugal facial: Slice up a cucumber and boil it in a pot of water. The chemicals inside of the cucumber will mix with the steam. Remove the pot from heat and lean over it, letting the steam hit you. Your skin will be more radiant and healthy, and you will feel relaxed and rejuvenated.
11. Shoe polish: Cut a slice off of your cucumber and rub it on your shoe. It will not only shine it up, but it will repel water.
12. Pest control: Put three or four slices of cucumber in a small pie tin and place them in your garden. The chemicals in the cucumber have a reaction that pests hate. You won’t smell it, but it will drive them from your garden all year long. Replace them periodically.
13. Sunburn: Sometimes sun block doesn’t always protect your little ones from sunburn. If you have burnt little kiddos you don’t have any aloe, rub some cucumber on them. Many doctors even use cucumber to treat patients with irritated skin and sunburns.
14. Blood pressure: Cucumber has been long used to treat high blood pressure. If you have it, add cucumbers to your daily diet. There is also ongoing research into the use of cucumbers for lowering cholesterol.
15. Constipation remedy: The seeds of a cucumber are a diuretic. If you’re constipated, try eating a cucumber. If you suffer from chronic constipation, add cucumber to your daily diet.
Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Celery is from the same family with parsley and fennel, the Umbelliferae family. It can grow to the height of up to 16 inches. The white celery is grown shaded from direct sunlight, thus has less chlorophyll, compared to its greener counterparts.
The ribs of celery are crunchy and are often used to make soup or salad. It has a salty taste, so celery juice is a good mix with the sweeter fruit juices. Depending on variety, some may taste very salty.
Celery leaves has high content of vitamin A, whilst the stems are an excellent source of vitamins B1, B2, B6 and C with rich supplies of potassium, folic acid, calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, sodium and plenty essential amino acids.
Nutrients in the fiber are released during juicing, aiding bowel movements. The natural organic sodium (salt) in celery is very safe for consumption, in fact is essential for the body. Even individuals who are salt-sensitive can safely take the sodium in celery, unlike table salt (iodised sodium) which is harmful for those with high blood pressure.
While many foods lose nutrients during cooking, most of the compounds in celery hold up well during cooking.
Celery has always been associated with lowering of blood pressure. When combined with other juices, it provides different formula that help other conditions.
Recent studies have shown that celery might also be effective in combating cancer.
Some of the health benefits of celery juice:
The important minerals in this magical juice effectively balance the body's blood pH, neutralizing acidity.
Celery juice acts as the perfect post-workout tonic as it replaces lost electrolytes and rehydrates the body with its rich minerals.
Celery is known to contain at least eight families of anti-cancer compounds. Among them are the acetylenics that have been shown to stop the growth of tumor cells. Phenolic acids which block the action of prostaglandins that encourage the growth of tumor cells. And coumarins which help prevent free radicals from damaging cells.
This humble pale juice has been shown to effectively and significantly lower total cholesterol and LDL (bad) cholesterol.
Colon and stomach cancer:
The phytochemical coumarins prevent the formation and development of the colon and stomach cancers.
The natural laxative effect of celery helps to relieve constipation. It also helps relax nerves that have been overworked by man-made laxatives.
During dry and hot weather, drink a glass of celery juice two or three times a day, between meals. It wonderfully helps to normalize body temperature.
The potassium and sodium in celery juice helps to regulate body fluid and stimulate urine production, making it an important help to rid the body of excess fluid.
The polyacetylene in celery is an amazing relief for all inflammation like rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, gout, asthma and bronchitis.
Celery promotes healthy and normal kidney function by aiding elimination of toxins from the body. While eliminating toxins, it also prevents formation of kidney stones.
Lower blood pressure:
Drinking celery juice every day for a week significantly helps lower blood pressure. A compound called phtalides help relax the muscle around arteries, dilating the vessels and allowing blood to flow normally. To be effective, drink the juice for one week, stop for three weeks, and start over.
The organic alkaline minerals in celery juice has a calming effect on the nervous system, making it a wonderful drink for insomniacs.
Drink celery juice frequently throughout the day. It helps curb your cravings for sweets and rich food.
Urinary stones, breaking of:
The diuretic effect of celery juice also aids the breaking and elimination of urinary and gall bladder stones.
You can expect many more healing benefits from celery juice as you consume its natural sodium. Read how our body lacks and have been deprived of, natural salt.
Choose green celery where possible for its chlorophyll. Ensure that the ribs are still firm, not limp. To store in the fridge, wrap celery in a sealed container or wrap in a plastic bag or a damp cloth.
Do not leave it at room temperature for too long as it tends to wilt quickly. If your celery has wilted, sprinkle it with a little water and put it in the refrigerator for a few hours. It will regain its crispness.
Celery is such a succulent plant that it produces its own "pesticide" to protect itself from fungi. This protective layer is called psoralens which although protects the celery, may not go down so well with some people.
If you begin having skin problems after eating celery, it might mean that you have some sensitivity to psoralens.
Some people with low blood pressure had complained that celery makes their blood pressure even lower. I personally didn't encounter that problem so I believe it is also your overall make-up. But, you might want to avoid celery if you have low blood pressure. Listen to your body when you take celery.
Sunday, February 3, 2013
I love eating malunggay leaves and its fruits not only because of its nutritional benefits but it also taste so good to me. I love to mix the leaves when cooking beans and the fruits when cooking pinakbet. It's a good thing we have a lot of malunggay plants in our yard so we don't have to buy it. I know some benefits of malunggay but I read more of its benefits from an FB friend so I just want to share it here. The more will I eat malunggay now. Yummy!
Here are the health benefits of Malunggay:
1. Malunggay leaves helps strengthens the immune system.
2. Malunggay can help restores skin condition, controls blood pressure, relieves headaches and migraines.
3. Malunggay tea can help strengthen the eye muscles.
4. Malunggay tea can help heal inflammation of the joints and tendons.
5. Malunggay tea can prevent intestinal worms.
6. Malunggay can help increase semen count.
7. Malunggay help normalize blood sugar level therefore preventing diabetes.
8. Malunggay has anti-cancer compounds (phytochemicals) that help stop the growth of cancer cells.
9. Malunggay helps relax and promotes good night sleep.
10. Malunggay tea is used to treat fever and asthma.
11. Malunggay help heals ulcers.
12. Malunggay is high in calcium (four times the calcium in milk), therefore lactating mothers are advised to consume malunggay leaves to produce more milk for their babies. The young malunggay leaves are also boiled and taken as tea.
13. Malunggay contains three times the potassium in bananas.
14. Malunggay contain four times the vitamin A in carrots. An ounce of malunggay has the same Vitamin C content as seven oranges.
15. Malunggay leaves contain two times the protein in milk.
16. Malunggay seed is used to clean dirty or polluted water. Malunggay is a very diverse plant in terms of its medicinal characteristics. It is universally known as Moringga. It is a rich source of vitamins, amino acids, and various nutrients which provides the needed energy to the body.
Its pods are edible. malunggay is mostly grown in the backyard. You can ask for them from a neighbor and they are given for free. They are cooked together with eggplant, ampalaya, tomatoes, and sitaw in a dish called pinakbet.
Its leaves are also incorporated in various dishes such as tinola, monggo and other kinds of meat dishes. They are used mostly by postpartum mothers in order to produce breast milk for the baby. These leaves are added to soups which the mother drinks in large amount. Nowadays, malunggay leaves are already available in capsule form and can be bought as over the counter drugs for breastfeeding women.
Thursday, January 24, 2013
Eggplant (or talong, a Philippine vegetable) is loaded with vitamins and
minerals and appears to play a vital role in managing and preventing
serious conditions including Cancer and Type 2 Diabetes.
1. Prevents Cancer
Eggplant can provide many health benefits, including being important in the treatment and prevention of cancer.
Eggplant has been found to be especially useful in the treatment of colon cancer due to the high amount of fiber found within eggplant. Fiber is important in the treatment of colon cancer because it is a relatively porous nutrient, and because of this, as it moves through the digestive tract, it has the tendency to absorb toxins and chemicals that can lead to the development of colon cancer. For best results, individuals who are interested in reducing their risk for the development of color cancer should be sure to include the skin of the eggplant during consumption. Research has found that the skin of eggplant may contain more fiber that the actual eggplant itself.
1.2 Chlorogenic Acid
Researchers at the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Agricultural Research Service found chlorogenic acid to be the dominant antioxidant compound in eggplant. They report that this is significant because chlorogenic acid has a great capacity to fight free radicals. It is also antimutagenic, which means it can protect cells from mutating into cancer cells; and it is also antimicrobial & antiviral.
Nasunin is an antioxidant compound found in the peels of eggplant. The August 10, 2005 issue of the "Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry" reports that a study shows the nasunin in eggplant has anti-angiogenic abilities. The Cancer Center at the Angiogenesis Foundation explains that when something is angiogenic, it stimulates new growth of blood vessels and blood supply. Cancerous cells can gain angiogenesis ability, which means they can develop a means to increase their own blood supply, which can cause a cancerous mass or tumor to grow rather quickly. Nasunin in eggplant has the ability to prevent angiogenesis from occurring.
2. Promotes Weight Loss
As stated above, eggplant contains high amounts of fiber, making it a great food in the fight against cancer. But, the fiber found in eggplant has other uses–namely, its ability to be a useful tool for people who are trying to lose weight. Fiber is a relatively “bulky” food, meaning that is takes up a lot of room in the stomach. Therefore, by eating eggplant in a salad or appetizer before a meal, dieters are likely to have a greater feeling of satiety, and generally eat fewer calories (thereby achieving a substantial weight loss with time). In addition, fiber is slow digesting, and takes a long time to move from the stomach to the digestive tract. Because of this, the eggplant keeps dieters feeling full for a longer period of time–and therefore, they won’t be as tempted to snack between meals, which will again aid in weight loss.
3. Better Skin Tone
Finally, eggplant contains a high amount of water–and similarly, aside from fat and bone, our bodies are composed of almost primarily water. Water has important roles in a variety of pathways through the body, but has been found to be especially important in the maintenance of healthy skin and hair. Individuals who are dehydrated are more likely to exhibit hair that is thin, dry and has split ends, along with skin that appears to be flaky, dry, with a greater number of lines and wrinkles. Consuming adequate amount of water through either water itself or through food items such as eggplant can not only improve the quality of your hair and skin, but also the general performance of your body. For best results, eat the eggplant raw–research has found that cooking it removes some of the water that is so beneficial.
4. Prevents Cellular damage in Brain
Along with manganese, eggplant skin contains the antioxidant nasunin. A study in the journal "Toxicology" published in August 2000 found that nasunin from eggplants helped prevent cellular damage in the brains of rats.
5. Lowers Cholesterol
Chlorogenic acid in Eggplant is able to lower LDL (bad) cholesterol.
6. Manages Type 2 Diabetes
The National Diabetes Education Program, Mayo Clinic and American Diabetes Association recommend an eggplant based diet as a choice for management of type 2 diabetes. The rationale for this suggestion is the high fiber and low soluble carbohydrate content of eggplant.
Study results indicate that phenolic-enriched extracts of eggplant inhibit enzymes that provide a strong biochemical basis for management of type 2 diabetes by controlling glucose absorption and reducing associated high blood pressure (hypertension).
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Within two weeks, your will see remarkable result in reduction of blood sugar.
Take two pieces of okra and remove/cut both ends of each piece. Also put a small cut in the middle and put these two pieces in glass of water. Cover the glass and keep it at room temperature during night. Early morning, before breakfast simply remove two pieces of lady Finger from the glass and drink that water. Keep doing it on daily basis. Within two weeks, you will see remarkable results in reduction of your SUGAR. My sister has got rid of her diabetes. She was on Insulin for a few years, but after taking the lady fingers every morning for a few months, she has stopped Insulin but continues to take the lady fingers every day. But she chops the lady fingers into fine pieces in the night, adds the water and drinks it all up the next morning.
Please. try it as it will not do you any harm even if it does not do much good to you, but you have to keep taking it for a few months before you see results, as most cases might be chronic.
Tuesday, January 22, 2013
I read this from my FB account and I would like to share it here.
I would like to share this interesting discovery from a friend's classmate's son who has just recovered from dengue fever. Apparently, his son was in the critical stage at the ICU when his blood platelet count dropped badly after 15 liters of blood transfusion. His father was so worried that he sought another friend's recommendation whose son was saved. He confessed that he gave his son raw juice of the papaya leaves. After drinking the raw papaya leaf juice, his platelet count rose up instantly to a good level..
Even the doctors and nurses were surprised. After the second day he was discharged. So he asked me to pass this good news around. Accordingly it is raw papaya leaves, 2pcs just cleaned and pound and squeeze with filter cloth. You will only get one tablespoon per leaf.. So two tablespoon per serving once a day. Do not boil or cook or rinse with hot water, it will loose its strength. Only the leafy part and no stem or sap. It is very bitter and you have to swallow it like "Won Low Kat". But it works.
The papaya juice is a natural cure for dengue fever. As dengue fever is rampant now, I think it's good to share this with all. Please spread the news about this as lately there are many dengue cases. It's great if such natural cure could help to ease the sufferings of dengue. Furthermore it's so easily available. Blend them and squeeze the juice! It's simple and miraculously effective!!
Monday, January 14, 2013
overindulged? Feeling a bit sluggish? Or just not looking your best? It
could be that your body is in need of a detox. Fortunately, there are
many foods around that can help counteract the effects of a toxic
lifestyle. Whether you want to lose weight, feel more energized, improve
your complexion or boost your mood, check out these top 10 foods to
cleanse your body and boost your health.
1. LEMON: Lemons are a staple of many detox diets, and there is good reason for this. Firstly, lemons are packed with antioxidant vitamin C, which is great for the skin and for fighting disease-forming free-radicals. Furthermore, the citrus fruit has an alkaline effect on the body, meaning that it can help restore the body's pH balance, benefiting the immune system. Try starting your day with hot water and a slice of lemon to help flush out toxins and cleanse your system.
2. GINGER: If too much fatty food or alcohol has caused problems for your digestive system, it may be worthwhile adding some ginger to your diet. Ginger is not only great for reducing feelings of nausea, but it can help improve digestion, beat bloating and reduce gas. In addition to this, ginger is high in antioxidants and is good for boosting the immune system. To give your digestion a helping hand, try sipping on ginger tea or adding some freshly grated ginger to a fruit or vegetable juice.
3. GARLIC: Garlic has long been known for its heart benefits, however the pungent food is also good at detoxifying the body. Garlic is not only antiviral, antibacterial and antibiotic, but it contains a chemical called allicin which promotes the production of white blood cells and helps fight against toxins. Garlic is best eaten raw, so add some crushed garlic to a salad dressing to boost its flavour and your health at the same time.
4. ARTICHOKE: If you have recently been overindulging in fatty foods and alcohol, adding some steamed globe artichoke leaves to your meals is a great way to help get your body back on track. Globe artichokes are packed with antioxidants and fiber and can also help the body digest fatty foods. On top of this, globe artichoke is renowned for its ability to stimulate and improve the functions of the liver - the body's main toxin-fighting tool.
5. BEETROOT: For those needing a quick health-boosting shot of nutrients, you can't do much better than beetroot. Packed with magnesium, iron, and vitamin C, the vegetable has recently been hailed as a superfood due to its many reported health benefits. Not only is beetroot great for skin, hair and cholesterol levels, but it can also help support liver detoxification, making it an ultimate detox food. To enjoy its benefits, try adding raw beetroot to salads or sipping on some beetroot juice.
6. GREEN TEA: While it's not technically a food, no detox plan would be complete without regular consumption of essential liquids. Fluids are essential for keeping our organs healthy and helping to flush toxins from the body, and drinking green tea is a great way of boosting your intake. Green tea is not only a good weight-loss drink, but it is extremely high in antioxidants. Research has also suggested that drinking green tea can protect the liver from diseases including fatty liver disease.
7. CABBAGE: Many celebs have resorted to the cabbage soup diet to help lose weight and get in shape quickly before a big event, however cabbage is not only good for weight loss - it is also an excellent detoxifying food. Like most cruciferous vegetables (including broccoli and sprouts), cabbage contains a chemical called sulforaphane, which helps the body fight against toxins. Cabbage also supplies the body with glutathione; an antioxidant that helps improve the detoxifying function of the liver.
8. FRESH FRUIT: Fresh fruits are high in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fibre= and are also low in calories, making them an important part of a detox diet. If you're after brighter eyes and skin, shinier hair and improved digestion, try boosting your intake of fruit and eating from a wide variety of different kinds. The good news is fruit is easy to add to your diet, so try starting your day with a fresh fruit salad or smoothie and snacking on pieces of fruit throughout the day.
9. BROWN RICE: If you want to cleanse your system and boost your health, it is a good idea to cut down on processed foods. Instead, try supplementing your diet with healthier whole grains such as brown rice, which is rich in many key detoxifying nutrients including B vitamins, magnesium, manganese and phosphorous. Brown rice is also high in fibre, which is good for cleansing the colon, and rich in selenium, which can help to protect the liver as well as improving the complexion.
10. WATERCRESS: Like most green herbs and vegetables, watercress is an excellent health-booster and detox food. Firstly, watercress leaves are packed with many vital detoxifying nutrients, including several B vitamins, zinc, potassium, vitamin E and vitamin C. Secondly, watercress has natural diuretic properties, which can help to flush toxins out the body. To reap the benefits of this nutritious food, try adding a handful of watercress to salads, soups and sandwiches.
Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Benefit #1 :-
Carrot juice contains less calories and is very beneficial for weight loss.
Benefit #2 :- The functioning and health of liver and digestive tract improves by the intake of carrot juice.
Benefit #3 :- Carrot juice contains Vitamin E which helps in preventing cancer.
Benefit #4 :- Aches and pains associated with aging lessen with the intake of carrot juice.
Benefit #5 :- Vitamin A present in carrot juice improves eye-sight and helps in bone disorders, osteoporosis etc.
Benefit #6 :- It contains potassium which helps against cholesterol.
Benefit #7 :- Carrot juice is extremely beneficial for the liver as it reduces fat and bile in the liver.
Benefit #8 :- The juice revitalizes and tones the skin.
Benefit #9 :- Carrot juice is very rich in beta-carotene which is an antioxidant and it prevents cell degeneration. The aging process is also slowed down.
Benefit #10 :- Carrots contain beta-carotene which is converted into Vitamin A by our body. This natural vitamin A is very good for our body.