It’s one of the maddening ironies of aging: Hair gets thinner where we want it -- on our heads -- and starts sprouting up in places we don’t.
Good trimmers and tweezers are all you need for the latter. But for the former? Try these healthy hair foods from Drs. Roizen and Oz (see below) -- they can help make your locks look more like they did in your 20s.
* Eat more salmon. Omega-3 rich foods like salmon and sardines help seal in shine. Distilled fish oils or DHA supplements will work, too. Need something new to do with salmon? Try this quick and easy Blackened Salmon Sandwich from EatingWell.
* Be a bran lover. Bran is rich in vitamin B, which may slow hair loss and promote hair growth. Other B-rich victuals include beans, peas, carrots, cauliflower, soybeans, nuts, and eggs. Make bran-infused pancakes a snap with this Healthy Pancake Mix.
* Say yes to avocados. Avocados and avocado oil may prevent some funky stuff that kills hair follicles -- dihydrotestosterone (DHT) -- from getting where it needs to go. Watch this video for shortcuts on cutting, peeling, and seeding an avocado.
* Say no to animal fat -- and red meat -- if you’re losing hair. They can lead to more DHT production and hair-follicle damage. Make meat-free gravy for your mashers with this delicious Portobello Gravy recipe.
* Stock up on green tea. Brew a strong pot, cool it, then give your head a rinse to help kill off dandruff-causing fungus. Incidentally, if you drink green tea, the caffeine in it may help slow balding, too. Try this simple Green Tea-Fruit Smoothie for breakfast -- another fabulous EatingWell recipe.
Friday, October 31, 2008
It’s one of the maddening ironies of aging: Hair gets thinner where we want it -- on our heads -- and starts sprouting up in places we don’t.
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Craftsmen arranged the carpet by hand, directly onto the square's cobblestones without any soil. Grass and tree bark were also used to provide color.
The first carpet of flowers was created in 1971 as a way to promote begonias. Each square meter of ground contains 300 flowers.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
I was tagged by Richelle. Thank you girl.
Please don't break this even if you only send it to one person. Thanks...
This candle was lit on October 26, 2008.
1. Richelle 2. Lisa You're next
Someone who loves you has
helped keep it alive by sending it to you.
Don't let The Candle of Love, Hope
and Friendship die! Pass It On To All
Of Your Friends and Everyone You Love!
May God richly bless you as you keep this candle burning.
A friend of mine passed this to me and now I am passing it also to all my blogging
friends and I hope it comes back someday again.
Please keep this candle alive
Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Just walk beside me and be my friend.
I'm passing this to Selina, Joy, Dhel and Lira.
Saturday, October 18, 2008
I've been chatting with my sister last night in the webcam and she went to get our brother's baby so I can see her. The baby just woke up because it was early in the morning there in the Philippines. Baby Vernice Julia will be 3 months old on the 28th of this month but she is growing very fast. She now weighs more than 5 kilos and she drinks a lot of milk. She was pooing while I was chatting with my sister and I saw her grunting. After that she was all smiles and my sister played with her and made her smile. I know my brother who is in Singapore right now miss his baby. Who wouldn't be? This is his first child and she is really a cutie. But my brother has to make a sacrifice so he can earn money and support his family. I took photos of the baby with my webcam and she's so cute and adorable. I wish I was there to hold her and play with her. I wanna see her before she grows up. Just see the photos of my niece that I took with my webcam.
I love reading the Bible. It's the Word of God and I read it everyday. It really blessed my heart and my life. I have already read the entire Bible and my favorite Bible story is the the life of Joseph found in the book of Genesis. He was his father's favorite and his siblings got jealous and they made plan to get rid of him. They sold him into slavery and just told their father that he was killed by wild animals. Later on Joseph became the right hand and adviser of Pharaoh and when there was hunger in all the lands, his brothers went to buy foods in Egypt where Joseph was. The dominant theme in the Joseph story is that of forgiveness and the final reconciliation between him and his brothers. The life story of Joseph touches my heart. He forgave his brothers who had done wrong to him. That's why whenever somebody will do wrong to me, I just remember the story of Joseph and forgiveness will be in my heart.
If you don't know about the Bible stories, just read your Bible and you can find it there great stories of all times. Also you can learn more about Bible stories and Theatre Church when CineMeetings & Events brings the first-ever Theatre Church Conference in Silver Spring, MD on October 22 & 23. Find out more by going to their site. This would be an exciting experience to those who will attend this event. How I wish I can go and attend. So don't forget to mark your calendar for the said event. Find out more about the venue and event so you will be prepared. Don't miss out!
Friday, October 17, 2008
I just love looking at babies and also holding and cuddling them. Babies are so cute and lovable. I'm just not blessed to have a baby and I've been longing to have one. Whenever I see babies I can't help myself to look at them, touch them and took photos of course. Just look at the photos below of this baby of one of our church members. She is so adorable and precious. Every time I see her, she gets cuter and cuter. How I wish I have a baby like her!
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Are you peeking or have you already given up? Give it another try . ..
You will kick yourself when you discover the answer. Go back and look at them again; think hard.
OK . . . Here You Go . . . Hope You Didn't Cheat.
This Is Cool.
No, it is not that they all have at least 2 double letters.
(Thought I had the answer, but I did not go far enough.)
In all of the words listed, if you take the first letter, place it at the end of the word, and then spell the word backwards, it will be the same word.
Friday, October 10, 2008
I was due for an appointment with the gynecologist later in the week. Early one morning, I received a call from the doctor's office to tell me that I had been rescheduled for that morning at 9:30 am. I had only just packed everyone off to work and school, and it was already around 8:45am. The trip to his office took about 35 minutes, so I didn't have any time to spare.
As most women do, I like to take a little extra effort over hygiene when making such visits, but this time I wasn't going to be able to make the full effort. So, I rushed upstairs, threw off my pajamas, wet the washcloth that was sitting next to the sink, an d gave myself a quick wash in that area to make sure I was at least presentable. I threw the washcloth in the clothes basket, donned some clothes,
hopped in the car and raced to my appointment.
I was in the waiting room for only a few minutes when I was called in. Knowing the procedure, as I'm sure you do, I hopped up on the table, looked over at the other side of the room and pretended that I was in Paris or some other place a million miles away. I was a little surprised when the doctor said, 'My, we have made an extra effort this morning, haven't we?'
I didn't respond.
After the appointment, I heaved a sigh of relief and went home. The rest of the day was normal ... some shopping, cleaning, cooking. After school when my 6-year-old daughter was playing, she called out from the bathroom, 'Mommy, where's my washcloth?'
I told her to get another one from the cupboard. She replied, 'No, I need the one that was here by the sink, it had all my glitter and sparkles saved inside it.'
Never going back to that doctor. Ever.
Thursday, October 9, 2008
GAMES FOR WHEN WE ARE OLDER
1. Sag, you're It.
2. Hide and go pee.
3. 20 questions shouted into your good ear.
4. Kick the bucket
5. Red Rover, Red Rover, the nurse says Bend Over.
6. Musical recliners.
7. Simon says something incoherent.
8. Pin the Toupee on the bald guy
SIGNS OF MENOPAUSE :
1. You sell your home heating system at a yard sale.
2. You have to write post-it notes with your kids' names on them.
3. You change your underwear after a sneeze.
OLD IS WHEN:
1. Going bra-less pulls all the wrinkles out of your face.
2. You don't care where your spouse goes, just as long as you don't have to go along.
3. Getting a little action means I don't need fiber today.
4. Getting lucky means you find your car in the parking lot.
5. An all-nighter means not getting up to pee!
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
When I travel, people often ask me why I live in the Philippines? Well here it is...
It is the only place on earth where......
1. Every street has a basketball court.
2. Even doctors, lawyers and engineers are unemployed.
3. Doctors study to become nurses for employment abroad.
4. Students pay more money than they will earn afterwards.
5. School is considered the second home and the mall considered the third.
6. Call-center employees earn more money than teachers and nurses.
7. Everyone has his personal ghost story and superstition.
8. Mountains like Makiling and Banahaw are considered holy places.
9. Everything can be forged.
10. All kinds of animals are edible.
11. Starbucks coffee is more expensive than gas.
12. Driving 4 kms can take as much as four hours.
13. Flyovers bring you from the freeway to the side streets.
14. Crossing the street involves running for your dear life.
15. The personal computer is mainly used for games and Friendster.
16. Where colonial mentality is dishonestly denied!
17. Where 4 a.m. is not even considered bedtime yet.
18. People can pay to defy the law.
19. Everything and everyone is spoofed.
20. Where even the poverty-stricken get to wear Ralph Lauren and Tommy Hilfiger (peke)!
21. The honking of car horns is a way of life.
22. Being called a bum is never offensive.
23. Floodwaters take up more than 90 percent of the streets during the rainy season.
24. Where everyone has a relative abroad who keeps them alive.
25. Where wearing your national colors make you baduy.
26. Where even the poverty-stricken have the latest cell phones. (GSM-galing sa magnanakaw)
27. Where insurance does not work.
28. Where water can only be classified as tap and dirty.
29. Clean water is for sale (35 pesos per gallon).
30. Where the government makes the people pray for miracles. (Amen to that!)
31. Where University of the Philippines where all the weird people go.
32. Ateneo is where all the nerds go.
33. La Salle is where all the Chinese go.
34. College of Saint Benilde is where all the stupid Chinese go and;
35. University of Asia and the Pacific is where all the irrelevantly rich people go.
36. Fast food is a diet meal.
37. Traffic signs are merely suggestions, not regulations.
38. Where being mugged is normal and It happens to everyone.
39. Rodents are normal house pets.
40. The definition of traffic is the 'non-movement' of vehicles.
41. Where the fighter planes of the 1940s are used for military engagements and;
42. The new fighter planes are displayed in museums.
43. Where cigarettes and alcohol are a necessity, and where the lottery is a commodity.
44. Where soap operas tell the realities of life and where the news provides the drama.
45. Where actors make the rules and where politicians provide the entertainment.
46. People can get away with stealing trillions of pesos but not a thousand.
47. Where being an hour late is still considered punctual (Grabe talaga 'to!)
48. Where the squatters have more to complain (even if they do not pay their tax) - than those employed and have their tax automatically deducted from their salaries.
49. And where everyone wants to leave the country!
Monday, October 6, 2008
Saturday, October 4, 2008
C'Elle stem cells by Cryo-Cell International exclusive and revolutionary stem cell technology empowers women to safely and easily collect non-controversial, potentially life-saving stem cells found in menstrual blood. C'elle menstrual stem cells have demonstrated the ability to differentiate into other cell types such as heart muscle, cartilage, nerve and bone stem cells. This translates into the potential for future therapeutic developments to possibly treat major diseases like diabetes, heart disease, stroke, MS, Parkinson's and Alzheimer's; as well as possible cosmeceutical applications like anti-aging and wound-healing. Women should take control of their future healthcare by cryo-preserving their own stem cells for potential future therapeutic applications that may possibly treat a broad range of debilitating diseases. Invest in yourselves by cryopreserving your menstrual stem cells today while your body is young, healthy and disease-free. Through limited-time special promotion women can store their own stem cells for only $399 for collection, processing, testing and first year of annual storage. To order service simply go to www.Celle.com and use promotional code S399.the life you save may be your own! Right now you can receive a free gift just for talking to a representative. Visit their site to read C'Elle Testimonials.
Reduce the volume of tea intake;
Do not eat bread which has JUST been toasted;
Stay a good distance away from your charger;
Drink more water in the morning, less at nigh
Do not drink coffee more than twice a day;
Reduce your volume of oily food intake;
Best sleeping time is from 10 at night to 6 at the morning;
Do not have HUGE meals after 5pm;
Do not take alcohol more than a cup daily;
Do not take capsules with cold water;
Do not lie down immediately after taking medicine before sleeping;
Have 8 hours sleep. Lack of it will make a person stupid;
People who get used to napping will not get old easily;
If you can't get on early morning runs, 5-8 in the afternoon is a great time for jogging;
When battery left last grid, do not answer the phone. The radiation is 1000 times stronger;
Answer the phone with your left ear. It'll spoil your brain directly if you use your right ear;
Do not use earphone for long time. Rest your ear a while after 1 hour.