Visit my other blog »

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Great Is Our God

Did you ever marvel of how great and awesome our God is? Everyday of my life I can’t thank Him enough for all the things that He has done and all the things He’s going to do in my life. As I look back in the past, I remember my life before I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior. I had big dreams, like I wanted to finish my studies, find a good job to help my family and also get married and have a family of my own. I also wanted to get rich, have a nice house and go abroad. My parents have no riches to give us except our education. My mom passed away before I graduated in high school and my dad had no stable job but I thank God that we had a grandma who was so loving, generous and willing to support my education and also my siblings. I can say that I really did good in my studies because from elementary up to my high school years I was a consistent honor student. I wanted to prove something that even though I came from a poor family that I can be recognized in the school because of my achievements. Then when I was in my college years, the Lord had began to deal with me. My great aunt had been inviting me to go to church with her but I always had an alibi not to go. Then I asked her to sew a blouse and dress for me because she was a dressmaker. She didn’t want to charge me but she just wanted me to go to church with her on Sunday so I went with her. I remember that I was even ashamed to carry my Bible. I went there a few times but my heart was hardened and not yet ready at that time to receive Jesus in my life. I just went there just to return the favor that my great aunt did for me. It was a few years that I went there on and off. Then they had this revival and I attended it and that was December 1987. I was touched by the message of the preacher and during the invitation, the Holy Spirit convicted me to go to the altar. My heart was pounding, then I walked my way in front of the altar. I kneeled down and right there and then, I repented of my sins and accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. It was there at that moment that I realized that even though I have all the talent, intelligence, education and achievements in life, they are all void and meaningless if I don’t have Jesus in my heart. I realized that everything here on earth is just temporal and life without Jesus is void and empty. I thank God for He has waited on me. I was lost and He found me. There has been a lot of trials and temptations in my life but I thank God because He used those trials to transform me from being a baby Christian to a mature Christian with a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Being a Christian doesn’t mean that I will be free from all these things. The Scriptures tell us in 1 Cor. 10:13 that God is faithful who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation, will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. Looking back now with all the trials I’ve been through, I’m amazed that God has been so faithful to carry me through. His grace is sufficient for me, because it’s when I am weak that I am strong because He is my strength. There were also times that I committed mistakes and sinned because as long as we are in this human flesh we tend to commit sin but I went to God and ask His forgiveness. The Bible says in 1 John 1:9 “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” Our God is a loving God but he hates S-I-N. I thank God for He has given Jesus to die on the cross for my sins so I will be reconciled with Him. I thank God for all the trials in my life because it increased my faith in Him. I thank God for He has changed me, my outlook and priorities in life. I thank God for the joy of my salvation. I thank God for I know that I’ll be with Him in heaven someday where there will be no more trials, no more sickness and no more tears. The Lord ain’t done with me yet. I believe He has more plans in my life and I asked Him to use me and my hubby to share the gospel to the lost. The Lord knows our hearts’ desire. We want to magnify the name of the Lord and serve Him all the days of our lives. Nothing can compare with the joy and peace that comes in serving God. God is awesome! God is great! No one else like Him.

0 comments: