Visit my other blog »

Friday, September 14, 2007

Cooking With A Friend

Toni and I had a cooking session today. This was our 2nd time to cook. Last time I showed her how to cook pancit and she showed he how to cook chicken pot pie. My hubby took me to her house which is about 12 minutes drive from our house at around 2:00PM. Then he just came back to pick me up after we're done cooking. I showed Toni how to cook our native cake "puto". I brought all the ingredients except the eggs because it might crack on the way. I mixed all the ingredients of the "puto" and then cooked it. When I'm done I told Toni and her kids to come and eat. All of them love the "puto". Then it was her turn to show me how to cook apple pie. She made a crumbly Dutch apple pie. My husband love apple pie and I took it home and just baked it in our oven because hubby came to pick me up before we had time to bake it.

a picture of the "puto"


Ducth apple pie before it was baked


Toni and I

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Lisa! Nice blog, the food looks yummy hehe, already added your link. Will come by your blog again! Take care:)

Lisa said...

Thanks for dropping by Thira and also for the nice comment. You're always welcome to visit my blog.

b3arh0ney said...

aw! these are so yummy! mind sharing ur puto recipe? would love to try it.

Rom said...

i never thought you are a Filipina if not for the picture of Puto in your site. it's wonderful to hear and see a happy kababayan in other country.
hope everything well eith you and your husband back there, and if you miss philippines, just drop by my site maybe i have something there worth relieving your longing home.
goodluck there and enjoy life

rom
http://blah-blahblogsrah-rahwrites.blogspot.com/

Mommy said...

favorite ko puto na may cheese on top miss ko na yan mahirap bang gawin yan